PDA

View Full Version : Any new suppliers for LED Edge Lit Bases?

Shawn Conklin
10-06-2011, 6:17 AM
I know this has been a topic before but it seems like there is still a lack of suppliers. I am looking specifically for a State side supplier for LED Bases, the ones made of aluminum. I was getting from Decor and After but after they switched to nwacrylics I havn't been able to get a single order going. Even if they did reply to emails their site says they only have up to 9 inch bases and I was looking for up to 26 inch bases.

I order stuff from Jim Good but he mostly has smaller ''desktop" sized items. I need the large bases that can handle 1/4 inch or close panels of acrylic.

I can find exactly that on the alibaba site but there are minimum piece orders and shipping times range from weeks to months.

Any thoughts?

Joe Kace
10-06-2011, 7:43 AM
I use Kenny Glickman of Illsigns out of Conn. He can make all sizes and width needed. He supplies all the screws and allen wrenches and drills all holes and countersinks them. I have ordered 100's from him and never a problem. His email is illsigns@gmail.com and his number is 860-712-9996. I am in no way affiliated with Illsigns, but use him exclusively because of this excellent service, great product and fair pricing. Tell him I sent you.

Joe

Joe Kace
10-06-2011, 8:02 AM
I probably should have stated that he does not include the LED's or power but does sell them if you need them.

Chuck Stone
10-06-2011, 1:06 PM
Just an FYI, Kenny's bases are NOT like the ones you are used to. (the 1x3" black anodized
extruded aluminum channel with the glued in LED strips) I believe they are 3/8 x 3/8" which
can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. They're small, so it is easy to build them
into your own base, you're not limited to how to display them. BUT .. you don't just pull them
out of the box and plug them in as you did with the units from Decor.

You can find those bases all over Alibaba at lower prices. But the minimums and shipping
can be issues..