PDA

View Full Version : Curly Koa with Cocobolo Handles

Lupe Duncan
10-06-2011, 1:35 AM
I had some time out on the porch the past few weeks and decided to post a few pics of my "time killers"'

The first is an Artist sketch Pencil with a 5.6mm lead and a ballpoint insert to switch from "pencil" to pen.

The second is a pen that has been laser cut. The main barrel is curly Hawaiian Koa and the tools handles are cut from Cocobolo. The blades of the Handsaw and Plane are silver acrylic.

Thanks for looking comments and critiques welcome......

Norm Zax
10-06-2011, 4:42 AM
Both very beautiful! Whats yYoure resin of choice and did you press or vaccum?

Lupe Duncan
10-06-2011, 6:45 PM
Thanks Norm. The copper/silver is Alumilite cast by Eugene Soto. He uses pressure I believe on his Alumilite.I like using Alumilite under pressure for the hybrid wood/acrylic blanks it adheres better than PR. For acrylic only blanks I prefere PR without any pressure or Vac. The PR shines up ALOT nicer than any Alumilite out there.

Jon Lanier
10-06-2011, 7:12 PM
Really nice work. I've been eyeing that handsaw/plane blank for some time. You did great with it.

jeff vanek
10-06-2011, 9:00 PM
beautiful job!

David E Keller
10-06-2011, 9:02 PM
Nice work, buddy! I'm happy to see you got in a little porch time!

Jim Burr
10-06-2011, 9:25 PM
My carry pen is a blank I poured almost exactly like the sketch pencil...really cool! The lazer is amazing! well done sir!

Lupe Duncan
10-07-2011, 3:52 PM
Thanks guys,That is a nice color combo that Eugene has. Picked up some others. And David any porch time is good porch time...