PDA

View Full Version : clean a honeycomb table

matthew knott
10-05-2011, 6:12 PM
Is there a way to clean a honeycomb table, we have a used machine and ist been used to cut wood and as the saying goes 'i wish my girlfriend was this dirty' can i clean it my soaking it, its coverd in sticky wood residue and soot etc. Also does anyone know what a new one cost for a epilog ext36, and what price are optics, i need the cover optic, cutting lens and probably fold mirrors, wondered what the going rate is, thanks.
Matt

George M. Perzel
10-05-2011, 6:50 PM
Hi Matt;
Take it outside and spray it with a can of oven cleaner-let it soak a few hours-spray it again-soak a bit and then hit it with a power washer.
Good as new
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

matthew knott
10-05-2011, 6:58 PM
thanks George, oven cleaner, obvious but i would never had thought it, i did think about pressure washing it but was worried it would tear it to bits!
cheers

Joe Pelonio
10-05-2011, 7:55 PM
I use the adhesive remover spray I keep in the shop, and it works great. Simply spray on, let sit a few minutes and rinse. It's by RapidTac, called RapidRemover.

Dee Gallo
10-05-2011, 8:09 PM
I use Krudcutter, spray it on, wait a few minutes and rinse it off. Once I had some nasty stuff inside the honeycomb and I used a gun cleaning brush in there, works great!

Kevin Paragon
10-05-2011, 9:52 PM
I buy awesome cleaner from dollar store, spray it down let it soak in wash tub with warm water, rinse and within minutes looks like new again.

Mike Null
10-06-2011, 4:32 AM
Be careful with oven cleaner on aluminum.

Dan Hintz
10-06-2011, 6:31 AM
Be careful with oven cleaner on aluminum.
I'll second that warning... if the fins are thin enough, oven cleaner will eat enough of the aluminum away to compromise its integrity. Stick with the Krud Kutter, you can't go wrong with it..

Mark Ross
10-06-2011, 8:04 AM
Honestly,

We cut a lot of plastic and we have tried everything from the purple stuff to oven cleaner and nothing dissolves it. The best it does is to re-melt the plastic. We end up buying a new one about every 6 months. I gotta get around to making a pin table.

Ed Maloney
10-06-2011, 9:43 AM
I use Krudcutter, spray it on, wait a few minutes and rinse it off. Once I had some nasty stuff inside the honeycomb and I used a gun cleaning brush in there, works great!

Yep - Krudcutter is the way to go.

Craig Matheny
10-06-2011, 6:15 PM
Okay I hear a lot about Krud Kutter can't find it I use this purple industrial cleaner that is pretty nasty to the aluminium so if someone can point me to a place to buy Krud Kutter that would be helpful Thanks

Dee Gallo
10-06-2011, 6:49 PM
Craig, you can find KrudCutter at a lot of places: Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, other hardware stores and some drug stores.

Craig Matheny
10-06-2011, 7:36 PM
who makes it?

Chuck Stone
10-06-2011, 8:54 PM
Ask and ye shall receive.
(I always thought 'take and ye shall receive' worked better..)

http://www.krudkutter.com/

Mike Chance in Iowa
10-07-2011, 6:39 PM
you can find KrudCutter at a lot of places: Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, other hardware stores and some drug stores.

I used to find it at practically any store in all the nearby small towns where I used to live. Now that I have moved several hours away, I can't find it anywhere even though this city is big enough to have a Walmart, Home Depot, Kmart, 3 grocery stores, 2 drug stores and 3 auto stores!

I've had a note in the truck for months now to remind me to pick up Krud Kutter next time I drive over to my old town. Of course I did that last weekend ... and decided to take the car instead. Now I also have a note in the car to remind me to buy Krud Kutter. :o

Chuck Stone
10-07-2011, 7:41 PM
Now I also have a note in the car to remind me to buy Krud Kutter. :o

You need a note in the car to remind you to get the note out of the truck!

Craig Matheny
10-09-2011, 1:01 PM
LMAO I have those days also

Craig Matheny
10-09-2011, 1:03 PM
Ok Krud Kutter got that which one they have many different uses?

Chuck Stone
10-09-2011, 1:27 PM
I use them both, but for that residue you should use the cleaner'/degreaser