PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration for all granite engravers

Larry Bratton
10-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Not too long ago, a new member came on here asking for some help in creating scenes for placement on memorials. I offered to help him and have since been doing just that. In this endeavor, I have learned a good bit out the process and was referred to this site from which to take inspiration for some of the work. After looking at this lady's work, I know that I could not ever duplicate the quality of this work. We speak of laser etching granite on here and wonder how to ever get it right...take a look at this site and you will see what it is all about. Click on the designs and the other buttons, check out the hand etching and coloring she uses...beautiful work.
http://www.jensonetching.com/index.html

Lee DeRaud
10-04-2011, 1:51 PM
Just a guess, but it looks like she's airbrushing the color-fill. I've thought about trying that, but wasn't sure what kind of paint to use or how it would hold up in anything except an indoor wall-hanging, i.e. not normal granite settings.

Brian J Rogalny
10-04-2011, 2:38 PM
I could never compete with that, beautiful work!

john passek
10-04-2011, 4:19 PM
one word WOW.

Larry Bratton
10-04-2011, 8:02 PM
Lee, they use Lithochrome stone paints, made specifically for that purpose. By the way, I am told that the laser is a big Vytek 60 watt. They may have more than one, don't know.

It is interesting that they don't sell monuments. Monument companies buy stones (or rocks as they call them) and have them shipped to them. The stones are produced in Elberton, Ga. and they too are located there. So you buy a monument, have it delivered over to Jenson's, they do the engraving and then ship it on to you the seller to the end user. The guy I am working with bought his own laser and is working on doing his own work -cuts out the middleman.

Chris Achtschin
10-05-2011, 2:31 PM
Beautiful!