PDA

View Full Version : speed and power problems

Aaron Vogt
10-04-2011, 9:03 AM
I'm new and self taught to using this laser at work. It was working fine and then it started resetting my speed and power to 50 and 50 no matter what i originally set it to. i set it to 80 and 80 yesterday and it went to 50 and 50 when i started it and this morning i tried it again and set it to 80 and 100 and it did the same thing 50 and 50.

any help is greatly appreciated
thanks.

Martin Boekers
10-04-2011, 9:41 AM
We need to know a bit more.

What laser do you have.
Are you using Corel? What Version?
What driver and operating system.

It's always good to have these in your signature block
so when a question is asked we know what you are working with. ;)

Aaron Vogt
10-04-2011, 10:03 AM
pinnacle m-series laser
coreldraw 12
driver... i'm not sure.
op is windows xp

Martin Boekers
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Did you set up the the driver as a default in XP?

Did you try to set defaults for the driver?

Go to Start menu, select printers and faxes.
Next see if your driver for the laser has a check mark by it.
if it does that is your default driver. If not right click
on the laser driver and select as the default.
Next scroll down to printing preferences, this will open up driver info.
now you can set the info you want as default settings and each
time you open the driver these will be your defaults.

This may not resolve your problem, but this is good info as you go along.

See if you have more than one laser driver, if you do sometimes this will
cause a conflict. You may have to remove a duplicate or older driver.
I have had issues with a driver and had to reinstal it.

You may want to check with ULS to make sure you have the latest driver and how
to update it.

Hope this helps.

George M. Perzel
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi Aaron;
Explain exactly what you did when you "set it"
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Richard Rumancik
10-04-2011, 1:38 PM
. . . i set it to 80 and 80 yesterday and it went to 50 and 50 when i started it and this morning i tried it again and set it to 80 and 100 and it did the same thing 50 and 50. . . .

It would probably be best if you get in the habit of saving your settings (as a .mer file) so that they will be available with one click. Give the file a name so you can associate it with the job. I expect that your driver will show the most recently used .mer settings so you just click on the recent one and your setting are loaded.

On occasion, I have had the Mercury go back to the default when I know that I changed the settings correctly. Why it would do this is a mystery and I never have figured out if there was a pattern. I think it tended to happen when I made the settings and then did some editing of the drawing before sending to the laser, but I can't say for sure. Most times I would catch it on the control panel as I don't normally use 50-50. But this does not happen often for me.

Until you figure out what is going on, load the drawing, make the settings, save the config (.mer) file, and send drawing to laser. See if the settings stick (check at the control panel).

Also, if you avoid using 50-50 for your first color (which is probably black) then if you ever see 50-50 come up as the file is loaded in laser memory, you will know that you either forgot to set the configuration or the laser driver lost the settings.

Rodne Gold
10-04-2011, 2:03 PM
Could be you inadvertently set the colour palette to something other than "no colour management" in Corel , then the laser wont see the colours and will revert to the 50/50 default.
I have also had similar issue with a corrupt driver with my Mercurys when I had em , I deleted the old driver etc and re installed.

Aaron Vogt
10-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks rodne thats what the problem ended up being! does anyone know if mercury has a website or any spec sheets on this laser? I can't find anything on google for the direct company...