PDA

View Full Version : Corel question: Smart Designer software

Don Williams Michigan
10-04-2011, 7:41 AM
Yesterday I ran across a mention of Smart Designer Software by Digital Art Solutions. Has anyone used this product with Corel and if so do you feel it was a good investment?

Thank you,

Darryl Hazen
10-04-2011, 9:30 AM
Don,

I had version 12 when I owned a promotional products business. I don't think I ever found it useful. The latest version may be better, but, based on my past experience I wouldn't buy it again. Other folks may have a different opinion so if I were you, I'd wait and see what the majority says about it.

Charity Newland
10-04-2011, 7:23 PM
We started out with screen printing and bought it. They do have some neat lay-outs and it makes life easier for someone who is clueless(me). So if you have a clue I would pass. Now 5yrs later I couldn't tell you last time I used it and had only used it a dozen times or so to actually design something. I would instead get something like clip art explosion and go from there. The you could always just do searches to get an inspiration.

Craig Matheny
10-05-2011, 1:11 PM
It has some good items in it but I do not have it even loaded anymore as pre-made art and designs are not what most people want so you can lay up you own art it just takes a little longer. In a nut shell it worked great for us in the beginning and now I can do all of what it did for us with out it. Plus it does not play well with other programs so be careful

Chris Achtschin
10-05-2011, 2:30 PM
I too have it but I agree with Craig, it was great at first, as a leaning tool. It can be quite expensive too.

Don Williams Michigan
10-07-2011, 9:36 PM
Thank you all for taking the time to respond. It is appreciated.