PDA

View Full Version : G0555 Tensioning bar help

Jack Gaskins
10-03-2011, 5:48 PM
When I had my riser installed I could not get enough tension on the blade. So I did what really smart thing and loosened the collars on the adjustment rod and repositioned them trying to get more tension. Well that never worked. I finally took out riser block and now need to readjust the collars back to were they were before but I can seem to get the rod to tighten or loosen very much. Can someone take a photo of there G0555 tension rod and measure where the collars are from the base of the know on the rod down to the tops of the collars. This way I will have a place to start. Another thing is I can seem to figure out why the rod wont loosen or tighten very much? Here are a few photos of my tension mech.

Jack Gaskins
10-04-2011, 6:10 PM
Anyone have a GO555 that can give me some measurements?

Jim Finn
10-04-2011, 8:21 PM
I have this saw with the riser and have had no problem adjusting it. On mine, the lower round "bock"is nested up inside the cross bar. Why your's is well below it is a mystery to me.

Jack Gaskins
10-04-2011, 9:06 PM
I have this saw with the riser and have had no problem adjusting it. On mine, the lower round "bock"is nested up inside the cross bar. Why your's is well below it is a mystery to me.

Yours doesnt sit on top of the housing for the tension spring? Maybe I should loosen mine and adjust it up till it sits in the tension release bar area.