PDA

View Full Version : G'Day From West Aussie Newby

Dan Faux
02-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Just want to say g'day to all the members and look forward to sharing. Stayed true to Aussie made and have a Vicmarc VL175 and love it.

Regards to all

Dan Faux

Carl Eyman
02-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Glad to have you aboard. Know you'll enjoy yourself, and g'day to you, too.

Jim Becker
02-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Welcome aboard, Dan! And I'm truly jealous of some of that wonderful turning wood you have down your way...awesome stuff!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-27-2005, 1:08 PM
Dan....Welcome to the 'Creek! Take and leave info as you deem necessary!

Cecil Arnold
02-27-2005, 1:19 PM
Welcome to the creek. How close are you to Sidney? Have a nurse friend there who is married to a lawyer. Like Jim, I'm jealous of some of the great turning woods you have available.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-27-2005, 3:58 PM
Dan,

Welcome to the Creek! I am sure that you will enjoy your time here! Please be sure to post some pics of the work you do! ;)

Glenn Hodges
02-27-2005, 5:33 PM
Glad to have you with us, post some pictures of that Southern wood.

Philip Duffy
02-27-2005, 5:57 PM
Welcome, Dan, Hope your stay is as pleasant as my reception when I took my USN ship into harbor south of Perth and had a wonderful time ashore! Fond memories of a long time ago. Phil

Ted Shrader
02-28-2005, 8:57 AM
Dan -

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out and discuss the various issues of woodworking and life in general. Welcome aboard!

Regards,
Ted

Karl Laustrup
02-28-2005, 9:46 AM
Welcome Dan. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.;) :D

BTW, where is Bindoon? :confused:

I just love some of the names from the "Land Down Under". :) :D :cool:

Dan Faux
02-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Welcome Dan. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.;) :D

BTW, where is Bindoon? :confused:

I just love some of the names from the "Land Down Under". :) :D :cool:
Hi Karl

Bindoon is 80 klm north of Perth in Western Australia, we live on 3 1/2 acres of Jarrah and Redgum covered bush. I had the misfortune to have to cut down about 15 tons of trees just after Christmas after a big bushfire scare. How sad, all those logs that I had to seal and store for future use. MHM what will I do with 20 inch Jarrah bowl blanks ?:D

Dan

Jim Becker
02-28-2005, 10:41 AM
I had the misfortune to have to cut down about 15 tons of trees just after Christmas after a big bushfire scare. How sad, all those logs that I had to seal and store for future use. MHM what will I do with 20 inch Jarrah bowl blanks ?
I'm sure that a bunch of us could help relieve you of your angst over all those poor logs... ;)

Dan Faux
02-28-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm sure that a bunch of us could help relieve you of your angst over all those poor logs... ;)

Wonder what the Airmail postage would be on 125lbs of Jarrah

Michael Ballent
02-28-2005, 5:40 PM
Welcome to the creek. How close are you to Sidney? Have a nurse friend there who is married to a lawyer. Like Jim, I'm jealous of some of the great turning woods you have available.
Sydney is on the other side of the continent from Perth, and Australia is about the same size as the US. Think LA to NY :D My wife was an exchange student in Perth and she has many fond memories from the area. Some day we will be heading down that way.

Boyd Gathwright
03-01-2005, 3:14 PM
Welcome aboard Dan,

.... Here is were the real people live, I think :rolleyes:. Be aware the pic police are coming :D.

Boyd

Just want to say g'day to all the members and look forward to sharing. Stayed true to Aussie made and have a Vicmarc VL175 and love it.

Regards to all

Dan Faux

Gilbert Vega
03-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Hi Karl

Bindoon is 80 klm north of Perth in Western Australia, we live on 3 1/2 acres of Jarrah and Redgum covered bush. I had the misfortune to have to cut down about 15 tons of trees just after Christmas after a big bushfire scare. How sad, all those logs that I had to seal and store for future use. MHM what will I do with 20 inch Jarrah bowl blanks ?:D

Dan
Welcome to the board. We lived south of Perth in Bunbury for about three years back in the mid '80's. Both my wife and I are chemical engineers and were starting up the Worsely plant. Very nice area and everyone us feel very welcomed. We brought back several pieces of furniture made from Jarrah, just wish I had a couple hundred board feet here to use.