PDA

View Full Version : Panic now! Corel Printing, Can't get Laser print file to Laser Mac running VM Fusion

Gabe Gat
10-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Specs:
- ULS50-PS
- Running on Windows XP via VM Fusion 4.0 (on a mac running Lion)
- This issue only started happening after I upgraded my Fusion to 4.0

The issue being when I go to run a print job the print file comes up "your document did not print" error, it's an unspecified error but I belive it has something to do with how VM is communicating with the printer.
I've tried reinstalling VM Fusion tools, I've tried reinstalling the print drivers. I'm at my wits end.

Now to that end I though maybe it's Fusion 4.0 so I installed a copy of Paralles 7, got Corel up and running tried to print for their and I seem to be getting a whole new error, when Corel runs it's pre flight check it's saying the output media doesn't match the file size so it won't let me print the job.

Any and all help and suggestions would garner great thanks! :eek:

Dee Gallo
10-03-2011, 1:14 PM
Hi Gabe,

Have you tried the native Bootcamp? I use it and it is smooth as silk whether wired or wireless (I use both). Another thing is I ran into the same thing when I first started but got out of it by using ethernet instead of USB. Those ports are finicky and would work sometimes, but not always. Switching from one to another did the trick a few times, don't ask me why.

As a last resort, couldn't you just revert to your old Fusion version for the time being?

Not sure if I'm any help, but good luck! Nothing sadder than a laser down.

dee

Rich Harman
10-03-2011, 4:14 PM
Bootcamp under Lion only supports Win7. If you want to use Bootcamp with XP you need to downgrade to Snow Leopard.

Strangely, I found that running Corel in an XP virtual machine inside Win7 Pro is far slower than running Corel using VMware Fusion 3 inside Lion.

Duncan Crawford
10-03-2011, 6:18 PM
Gabe,

While I haven't gone to Lion--still on Snow Leapord-- and run XP under VMware 4.0.2, things do work OK via a USB connection. After the VMware upgrade it took about three reboots of Windows to get everything loaded, with updated VMware Tools. You also have to connect the laser to Windows, not the Mac-- best way is to have Windows up and running before plugging in the laser-- then power up the laser and do the connection.

duncan

Keith Ward
10-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi Gabe -

Do you have another USB printer attached to your Mac that you can successfully print with? If so, can you then successfully attach to the USB printer in Fusion 4 and print a test page from XP? You would need to make sure that the USB device / port for the printer is connected from inside your Fusion session from the VMware control bar / Virtual Machine / USB ---> then select the USB device. If you can get another device to work under fusion from your XP VM, then I would start looking at the ULS driver closer.

This also might want to check and see if the status of the laser is not offline under XP, by going to Start menu / printers and faxes, and seeing the ULS status there. Let me know what you find.

Keith

Bruce Clumpner
10-04-2011, 4:12 PM
While I don't run my laser through Fusion, I do run it for QuickBooks. I've had problems managing the printer output too... Most of the time it clears when I use the fusion toolbox to take the printer out of share mode.. If not, you might try re-booting windows within fusion, sometimes that clears any stuck jobs in the cache.

Victor Ebersole
10-04-2011, 9:01 PM
Hope you got your problem solved Gabe. I am intrigued by your post, though. I thought I was probably the only odd on out there running my laser (Epilog) from a Mac via Fusion. I use the network/LAN cable and have had good success. Good luck!