PDA

View Full Version : Bessy K-Body problem

Jerome Hanby
10-03-2011, 9:05 AM
I had noticed a nick or two on some of my K-Body clamps. They are tools, I use them, no harm no foul. Saturday I had one lock up on me. When I finally got it unstuck, the problem was that the 'shiny" metal and peeled up in a narrow strip and was fouling the clamp. It's not a huge spot and I can work on the spot with a file and it should be fine, but I was wondering is this is common? I had just assumed that the bars were solid pieces of metal, but evidently they are at least two layers, the "shiny" stuff laminated over something else.

Is this a failure I should be notifying Bessy about?

Prashun Patel
10-03-2011, 9:10 AM
I'd notify Bessey. I abuse mine and this has not yet happened. The 8 clamps I have from them (Revo and older K Body) have all held up well to my banging, and scraping glue.

Brian Tymchak
10-03-2011, 1:54 PM
I would definitely contact them. Here's Bessey's stated warranty (http://www.besseytools.com/en/customer_support_warrantyclaims.php) from their website.

glenn bradley
10-03-2011, 4:17 PM
+1 on contacting them. I have used K-body clamps for years and never experienced this.

Jerome Hanby
10-04-2011, 7:21 AM
I'll snap some picture so that I have them ready then contact Bessy. Thanks for all the feedback.