PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend's Turnings

Kenny Jacobson
10-03-2011, 2:52 AM
I don't post a lot, but I always love looking at the pictures everyone else posts of their work. So here I go.

I got a commission to make some pens which I've been working on for the past two weeks and finally finished up this weekend.

1. Apple
2. Macassar Ebony and Maple
3. Maple and stained plywood (diamondwood)
4. Spalted Oak
5. Ambrosia Maple
6. Cocobolo

1. Mountain Apple
2. Curly Koa
3. Toon
4. Mango
5. Milo
6. Macadamia

And I still had time to make a 10" bowl out of some curly maple:

209023 209024

Oh, and I also bought a new gradient background after reading an article on photographing your work by Keith Burns. That's what you see in the background. I'm really happy with that purchase.

Donny Lawson
10-03-2011, 6:31 AM
That's a great job on the pens. I love the curl in the bowl. I like the Ambrosia Maple pen myself.

Greg Just
10-03-2011, 7:01 AM
very nice pens and bowl along with the pictures. I recently purchased a gradiant background but have yet to use it. I'm sure your customer will be happy with the pens.

Betty Fox
10-03-2011, 8:20 AM
I like the ebony and maple pen, I gotta try one of those. *gets out list* * hires truck to transport list*

Jim Burr
10-03-2011, 8:31 AM
Great job Kenny!! All those pens will be well received. The bowl is amazing...who doesn't love curly maple!!

Bernie Weishapl
10-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Really nice bunch of pens and the bowl looks great with the nice curl. Well done.

Bill Bolen
10-03-2011, 12:01 PM
A very productive weekend indeed! An attractive flock of pens with a beautiful bowl to complete the effort. Hope you have many more weekends like this.

Kenny Jacobson
10-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind words! What a great way to start the week.

Bill Walsh
10-03-2011, 5:45 PM
Kenny, nice work on the pens and that curly maple bowl is way too nice to do anything with except display it!!!

David E Keller
10-03-2011, 6:25 PM
Nicely done, Kenny! I'm assuming the blanks came from Joel in Hawaii on EBay... Never turned toon, but it sure looks like interesting stuff!

Kenny Jacobson
10-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Nicely done, Kenny! I'm assuming the blanks came from Joel in Hawaii on EBay... Never turned toon, but it sure looks like interesting stuff!

Yep, about half of those came from Joel in Hawaii. Toon is absolutely beautiful. I LOVE that wood. It's kinda salmon-pink with a silver iridescence (or chatoyance). His curly koa is also great. I have too much wood already waiting for me to turn to justify buying more wood from him, but once I make a dent in my current pile, I think I'll buy more toon. That stuff is great.