PDA

View Full Version : David Charlesworth update

rob cosman
10-02-2011, 2:40 PM
Hi Folks, I spoke to John, David's assistant yesterday and he had positive news. David has shown more improvement and may sfer to a UK hospital as soon as next Friday. Pat is with him and he is able to communicate with her. While still very sick and an unknown recovery time, this is great news. Thanks to those who have sent along well wishes, there was a lot of talk of David at WIA on the weekend and several were dissappointed he was not able to attend. At the request of some folks wanting to help, we have an email you can use to donate thru paypal, jklweb@lineone.net This is John's account and he will make sure the help gets to David and Pat. You can also order his dvds and books thru his site www.davidcharlesworth.com (http://www.davidcharlesworth.com)
thanks for helping.
Rob

Bill Moser
10-02-2011, 3:33 PM
Thanks for keeping us up to date, Rob. Sounds like things are heading in the right direction, albeit slowly.

rob cosman
10-05-2011, 6:42 PM
Hi Folks, Pat said in an email today that David ate a bit of food. He is confused and very weak but showing some improvement. The hospital in Munich is working to get him transferred to a hospital closer to his home in England. He is breathing on his own but still needs oxygen however this is a big improvement over last week. He will need to be hospitalized for sometime yet however his condition is looking up. Thanks for your support. More as it comes.
www.davidcharlesworth.com
Rob

Chris Gilly
10-05-2011, 7:42 PM
Thanks for the update Rob.

Eugenio Musto
10-06-2011, 5:13 AM
I hope he get well soon!

Eric Brown
10-06-2011, 8:09 AM
Highland newsletter has address to send donations for his recovery. Apparently he needs help with travel expanses.
I donated $50.00 US as my way of saying "Thank You".
Wish him, family and friends well.

Eric

Steve Branam
10-06-2011, 7:01 PM
Highland newsletter has address to send donations for his recovery. Apparently he needs help with travel expanses.

Here's the info from Highland's blog: http://blog.woodworkingtooltips.com/2011/10/call-for-help-a-fellow-woodworker-in-need/. There's probably hardly a regular reader on this forum who doesn't have one of his books or videos, or hasn't read one of his articles. Regardless of how you might feel about any of his methods, he's one of the great contributors to preserving our craft and sharing the knowledge.

Augusto Orosco
10-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the account info, Rob and Steve!

rob cosman
10-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Good news, David has been moved from ICU to a regular room and could be moved back to a UK hospital wednesday. Pat was very happy about this as i am sure David is as well. I spoke to John this morning and orders for his books and DVDs have been fast and furious! Pat and David are most appreciative. A big high five goes out to you folks. Warms my heart to see this kind of action. Good on you!!
cheers
Rob

Andrae Covington
10-11-2011, 2:28 PM
Sounds like he is making some improvement. Thanks for the continued updates.

rob cosman
10-12-2011, 1:26 PM
Hi Folks, spoke to John this afternoon, they had David up walking for the first time today. Weak as you can well imagine but this is all part of the road to recovery. The intent was to air ambulance him back to UK today but the doctors want him to be more mobile before this happens. Support has been great, they have had to order more books from the publishers, allways a good sign. cheers
Rob

Joe Adams
10-29-2011, 12:38 AM
I received the following email today:

Having returned home from hospital on Monday evening I am writing to thank you for your generosity in contributing to the ‘Save David’s Workshop’ fund. This was set up by Rob Cosman when I was in intensive care in Germany, so I knew nothing of it for some weeks. It will be very useful, as I am told it will take 3-4 months for me to get my strength back.
My apologies for not addressing you personally, and thank you once more for your kindness and support,
David Charlesworth.