PDA

View Full Version : I got it!!!

Jim Ketron
02-26-2005, 10:22 PM
The new PM 3520a Lathe
Thanks for all your help if It were not for you all I would not have it!;)
I seen that it was on sale and I didnt want to pass up the savings so I orderd it Its not paid in full yet but the bowl blank sale got me to this point Im going to sell more blanks to pay off the rest (credit card).
I got the lathe and a few accessories to go with it 4" face plate, remote on/off switch, spendal ex. Im going to make some tool rests and a outboard turning stand.
I have been turning on it some this weekend and all I can say Is WOW I LOVE IT!:D :D :D
Thanks again for helping with my lathe fund!:)
Jim

Jerry Clark
02-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Wow Jim that sure is a nice lathe-- better save some blanks for that! Good gloat! Happy to have helped.

John Miliunas
02-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Good grief, man! You musta' sold a LOT of blanks!!!:eek: I'd love to help out, but I've got a whole stack of logs for blank material and not time to do anything with them! :( Hmmmm...Maybe I should cut them up into blanks and sell them, too!:) Anyhow, that is one nice machine! Congrats and, as Jerry said, make sure you save some of that lumber for yourself!:) :cool:

John Shuk
02-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Jim,
Congrats on the new machine. That is kinda what I have in mind for the future as well. I have one question. Does that lathe have a digital readout for your speed? Enjoy the machine.
John

Corvin Alstot
02-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Nice.
Of course now you have to feed that thing bigger blanks.
What kind of chucks are you planning on using on your bowls?

Jim Ketron
02-27-2005, 12:20 AM
John M: You bet ive keep some for myself:D I will post some pics tomorrow;)

John S: It does have a dig read out but its not in RPM but they give you a conversion chart I just go by the feal of it and dont even bother with it!

Corvin: I have the Oneway Talon chuck with all 3 sets of jaws
Jim

Cecil Arnold
02-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Congrats on the 3520, I've been turning on mine all week and don't think short of a Oneway there's anything better. What's the story on the bowl blanks? I must have missed something.

I found the story on the blanks, it was posted while I was out of town. Are there any left>

Steven Wilson
02-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Congrats on the new lathe. You'll love turning on a larger lathe and variable speed is just the ticket.

Jim Ketron
02-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Yep Cecil I just posted some today theres a few left!

Steve Inniss
02-27-2005, 7:23 AM
Jim,
Way to go on the new machine.
You're going to make an outboard turning stand? Can you give some more details please? -Steve

Jim Ketron
02-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Yep Steve I sure will when I get all the materials to make it I will do a post on it might be a while though!

I cant see giving all most $400 for theres and I will build my own since I weld and have access to the metal;)
Jim

Jeff Sudmeier
02-27-2005, 3:47 PM
Jim congrats on the lathe! You have done well for yourself. You have sold blanks to people at good prices and gotten yourself a NICE tool! :) :)