PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit and Large wood gloat.

Ed Morgano
10-01-2011, 8:06 PM
After Donny Lawson put his post on SMC about too much wood going to waste, I contacted him and arranged a visit to pick up what he didn’t need. Well, all I can say is WOW….. He has enough wood to fill up my minivan about 50 times. As to variety, I came home with some of the following: Walnut, Ambrosia Maple, Cedar, Persimmon, Mulberry, Bradford Pear, Dogwood, Oak Burls, and Holly and probably a few species that I can’t remember.

Donny is a great guy and we had a great visit. We both turned a little on an ambrosia maple blank that he had chucked up in his lathe. We didn’t finish is but did get it about balanced.

208911208912208913208915208914 I made it home but my poor van is tired!

David E Keller
10-01-2011, 8:28 PM
That's quite the haul, Ed! Donny, your shop looks fantastic! Glad you two could get together, and it's certainly nice of Donny to share!

Roger Chandler
10-01-2011, 8:30 PM
That looks like a fun creeker visit! Nice lathe and shop Donny.........glad to see the progress you made after the shop fire.......Ed, you should be set for a bit on turning wood...........make Donny proud, and share your stuff........you know......we love pics!

charlie knighton
10-01-2011, 8:57 PM
good visit and wood gloat

Tom Winship
10-01-2011, 9:05 PM
Let's see.......... Transporting wood specie across state line. Who has jusridiction? ICC or TWP (The Wood Police). Nice haul. Glad you got away with it.

Donny Lawson
10-01-2011, 9:30 PM
I have to say "Thanks" to Ed for taking some of my wood stash home. I just wish he had a bigger van. I don't think he put a dent in the pile. I really enjoyed having Ed over. We shared some of our turned projects and walked the yard looking at piles of wood all over. Ed took some amazing Ambrosia Maple home along with a nice variety of species. Looking foward to seeing some projects from it sometime. Remember, I bring more home almost everyday. Here are a few pics I took.

David DeCristoforo
10-01-2011, 9:32 PM
One of the few times when going home with your tail dragging is a good thing...

brian watts
10-01-2011, 9:37 PM
yup OH donny has enough wood for a life time.. hey donny if you have any more Persimmon . and want it gone let me know....brian

Donny Lawson
10-01-2011, 9:45 PM
Yep, I got some left. Sure would like to have some Osage orange. Come on down.

Bill Bulloch
10-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Sounds like Donny does need help with that messy old wood. I am sort of tied up for the next few weeks, but if he still has any left after then, I would like to make the two hour trip up with my trailer and help him out. Bradford Pear, Dogwood, Holly, Ambrosia Maple, Oak Burls ..... my favoriate woods. You make my mouth water.

Chris Burgess
10-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Ohh my....SCOOORE!!!! Need to dig out some creekers in my neck to visit:D

Baxter Smith
10-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Great pictures, great haul, great time!

Bernie Weishapl
10-02-2011, 9:58 AM
Looks like a great time was had and wow what a haul.