PDA

View Full Version : Rockler Cincinnati

Dave Lehnert
10-01-2011, 2:15 PM
Rockler in Cincinnati is moving into a larger location a block away from the current store.

Cincinnati is beginning to look like the place to be in woodworking. Home of Popular Woodworking magazine, Home of Chris Swartz and the lost art press. New bigger Rockler store, Very large Woodcraft store. Hardwood Lumber and more store on the East side of town. Edward B. Mueller woodworking machinery store. Woodworking in America show (this weekend)
Life of a woodworker is good in Cincinnati.

ray hampton
10-01-2011, 5:14 PM
sound as if someone are bragging

Paul Wunder
10-01-2011, 5:44 PM
Let him brag. I wish that I could say the same about Connecticut

Paul

Paul McGaha
10-01-2011, 6:18 PM
Dave,

All that does sound pretty good.

We dont have a Rockler store near us. Too bad as I think i would like going to their store. We do have a couple of good Woodcrafts though.

PHM

Dave Lehnert
10-01-2011, 9:50 PM
sound as if someone are bragging

Who me?????

When I got into woodworking over 25 years ago I wish all would have been available local then.

Jim Matthews
10-01-2011, 9:52 PM
Being able to get a 4-way with strangers on Sunday morning, 2AM.

Beyond that?

ray hampton
10-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Who me?????

When I got into woodworking over 25 years ago I wish all would have been available local then.

I do have to agree with this statement

Nicholas Carey
10-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Cincinnati (my home town) hasn't been the same since the demise of Aufdemkampfe Hardware some years back. One of the best hardware stores in the country. Rockler isn't a patch on Aufdemkampfe's.

Chris Rosenberger
10-02-2011, 8:31 AM
Cincinnati (my home town) hasn't been the same since the demise of Aufdemkampfe Hardware some years back. One of the best hardware stores in the country. Rockler isn't a patch on Aufdemkampfe's.

I agree that was a great hardware store.
I bought a Delta Contractors saw from Aufdemkampe in 1979. I really wanted a Unisaw they had but my wife did not think I should get it.

Dave, where is Rockler moving to?
There are several empty buildings in that area.

Dave Lehnert
10-02-2011, 7:44 PM
I bought a Delta Contractors saw from Aufdemkampe in 1979. I really wanted a Unisaw they had but my wife did not think I should get it.

Not exactly sure. The map on their ad looks like right next door but says a block away.

Dave Lehnert
10-06-2011, 8:53 PM

In the Party City building.

Chris Rosenberger
10-07-2011, 7:37 AM
In the Party City building.

Thanks Dave.

That is a huge store.

Looking at it on Google Earth, it looks like it should be an easy move. The 2 buildings are only separated by an alley.