PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Woodcraft...

Harold Burrell
09-30-2011, 3:21 PM
I am a procrastinator. I don't want to be. But I am.

That said...(I do feel better now after my confession, by the way)...I recently placed an order at Woodcraft.com for various and sundry stuff they had on sale. Including 2 BS blades. I had had them in my shopping cart for sometime and just sat on them. However, when I had finally decided to "pull the trigger" at the last minute, I found that my shopping cart (for whatever reason) was empty. So I quickly restocked.

In my haste, I ordered the wrong blade. I had wanted the 1/4" but I had ordered the 1/2". I didn't realize it until I received it.

Totally my fault.

However, I called WC anyway to discuss an exchange. All I wanted to do was see if they would allow me to ship it back and swap it.

However...before I could even suggest it...the nice lady asked me what I had originally wanted...said she would order it AND that WC would pay for all of the shipping!

My stupidity...and still they foot the bill...

How cool is that?!!!

Brian Kent
09-30-2011, 3:37 PM
Beyond the call of duty - and a way to build a customer relationship that could last far into the future.

Karl Card
09-30-2011, 3:53 PM
I had commented long ago about the problems I had here with our woodcraft. However after posting that the mgr and ast mgr got to talking with me and those problems were resolved and they became more like very good friends. Now the woodcraft has closed shop and I miss them alot. In later days they did alot for me as far as dealing with companies on warranty issues.

Randy Dutkiewicz
10-01-2011, 8:41 PM
I've had a similar experience with WC customer service in exchanging a part that was incorrect. They shipped out the correct part the same day and they didn't even ask for me to ship back the old part first...AND they paid the shipping. Excellent customer service in my book!!

Randy

Kevin W Johnson
10-02-2011, 1:44 AM
I really, really, like the Woodcraft in Roanoke, VA. It also happens to be one of just a couple corporate stores, while the rest are franchises. There is also a Woodcraft in Glen Allen, VA. But for some reason the people that i've encountered in that store seem to have the personalities of rocks. I've only been in that store a couple times, but so far its been ho-hum there and doesn't have near the atmosphere of the Roanoke store. I'll be in there again next Saturday, so we'll see. Maybe their just slow to warm up to new faces...who knows.