PDA

View Full Version : Received my Wenzloff Saw Kit

Tim Null
09-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Just wanted to update here. I had a mix up with Mike on a saw kit. He was ill and had gotten a bit behind. He then sent me two kits to make up for the delay. But I never received them and his e-mails were very backlogged. So all of my e-mails went unanswered, causing a lot of frustration on my part.

When he finally got my e-mails, he was surprised that I did not receive the kits. He promptly sent out a third kit to satisfy my order. This on arrived right on time.

This reconfirms the always grade A dealings I had with Mike in the past. Just wanted to let folks know that he is getting caught up and there should not be a problem with orders. And as always, he is a great guy to deal with.

Jim Matthews
09-30-2011, 9:56 PM
Which one will you build? I'm looking at the "Half back" to round out my stash of sharp toothed old ladies.
Zahid made a couple backsaws for me that are excellent - I'm anxious to hear how things go for you with your kit.

jim
wpt, ma

Trevor Walsh
10-01-2011, 10:29 AM
I also had a kit from him disappear in the mail, he sent a prompt replacement that arrived no fuss. Perhaps the postal service is catching on to the value of a well made handsaw.

Tony Shea
10-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I also had a kit from him disappear in the mail, he sent a prompt replacement that arrived no fuss. Perhaps the postal service is catching on to the value of a well made handsaw.

Lets hope that not be the case. I also have had saw parts come up missing in the mail. Luckily they were just saw nuts and not a full plate. Seems like the postal service is causing many problems for people of late. Was going to get all political in this post but I suppose this is not the place for that type of rant.

Chris Vandiver
10-01-2011, 2:07 PM
Just remember, "The check's in the mail"

Tim Null
10-02-2011, 2:34 AM
I got a 24" rip panel saw. I already have a 22" crosscut panel saw kit of his that I completed. It came out very nice. Shaping the handle was very interesting. I am looking forward to getting this kit done as well.

Jack Curtis
10-02-2011, 7:13 AM
A note on postal service: A couple of weeks ago an item I'd ordered from the UK was about a week overdue, so I contacted the seller, who responded that it had been sent and Royal Mail said it had been delivered a week earlier but since no one was home it was taken back to the local PO. I had received no notice, no little pink notice saying the PO was holding an item for me. So I took the computer with me to the PO and showed them the Royal Mail page, whereupon they retrieved the item from the back. The clerk set things up for me to sign for it, but he then realized no signature was required. When I asked why the item wasn't just delivered as it usually would have been, they said they didn't know. When I told this to the seller, he said it was always this way in the UK. This is just so peculiar. I mean, how do you know when there's an item at the PO if they haven't told you? As it turns out, if I'd waited a day or two, it would have been returned to the UK.

Jack