PDA

View Full Version : Yet another CBN Wheel thread - Bushing issue

Prashun Patel
09-30-2011, 9:27 AM
I didn't find this posted, so I thought I'd share. At the risk of stating the obvious:

I got a CBN wheel from D-way yesterday. The Inner diameter of the wheel is 1". The supplied bushing (steel) did not quite fit the arbor. Upon Dave's advice, I held some sandpaper on the unloaded arbor and was able to grind it down to a perfect fit.

I'd also like to say that even after 1 session, I'm extremely happy with the purchase. The wheel is wide, balanced, runs cool, and without dust. The cut quality on my mediocre tools jumped considerably. I'm sure you can achieve as good results with conventional matrix wheels. However, this does all that without any effort.

The only criticism is that bkz the balance is so good and the wheel is so heavy, it takes forever for it to spin down...;)

Al Wasser
09-30-2011, 10:44 AM
I recently got one. It does an awesome job. Love it!

Reed Gray
09-30-2011, 12:52 PM
I had a some what similar issue with a new Baldor that I got. The wheels and bushings fit fine on the old one, but didn't fit on the new one. The standard wheels that came with the grinder would switch back and forth. I ended up taking some 220 grit metal sanding cloth to the new grinder shaft, and just a quick touch on one side, and a bit more of a touch on the other side, and they fit fine.

Have you gotten used to the ringing sound yet? Kind of like the harmonic sounds from a steel tube lathe compared to a cast iron lathe.

robo hippy