PDA

View Full Version : EzCAD 2 and 50W YAG laser

Ross lagden
09-30-2011, 6:01 AM
Hi Guys,

I am having a nightmare when using the EzCAD software. I have .BMP designs that I import into the software to then mark onto metal, but all it is doing is marking it as a solid block because of the white background. I have tried to look for an option to turn off white so that the laser doesn't mark the white parts but i can't seem to find anything. It doesn't seem to import .Ai, JPG files very well. Anyone who has used this software please can you help me?

Thanks,

Ross

Bruce Volden
09-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Ross,

It sounds to me that the white isn't white. It's seeing a shade of grey and intrepreting that as black. In CorelDraw I check this with the eyedop tool in PhotoPaint to ascertain a total white. Not sure about EzCAD as I've never used it.

Bruce

Ross lagden
09-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Perhaps, but the BMP files are designed on AI are just black logos and text on a White background.

matthew knott
09-30-2011, 1:17 PM
I downloaded a trail version but dont have a laser that runs with it, i tried importing ai files and it worked a treat, we use v8, is it a logo you need or does it have to be a photo, email me the file and i can convert it an ai that will work for you matthewjknott (at) gmail.com, getting the laser to engrave in bitmap mode is a bit more complex and you may have the wrong file format or setting somewhere, we never use bitmaps, vector all the way! Keep going soon it will be working like a dream, i thought the software was pretty good for a chinese machine, i like the features but i use a galvo marking laser package everyday so i can work out from the descriptions what things are likely to do!

Ross lagden
09-30-2011, 6:00 PM
I downloaded a trail version but dont have a laser that runs with it, i tried importing ai files and it worked a treat, we use v8, is it a logo you need or does it have to be a photo, email me the file and i can convert it an ai that will work for you matthewjknott (at) gmail.com, getting the laser to engrave in bitmap mode is a bit more complex and you may have the wrong file format or setting somewhere, we never use bitmaps, vector all the way! Keep going soon it will be working like a dream, i thought the software was pretty good for a chinese machine, i like the features but i use a galvo marking laser package everyday so i can work out from the descriptions what things are likely to do!

Hi Matthew,

That is very kind of you, everytime I try to import a .Ai it just errors. Could it be because its from Mac to Pc? There isn't a particular file i need it to do as of yet, just trying to set it up. I have just been trying the Apple logo, as it is simple. If you could put a Apple logo into illustrator and then email it to me I would really appreciate it. ross_lagden (at) hotmail.com.

Thanks

Ross

matthew knott
09-30-2011, 7:51 PM
Yes i think the mac ai is different to pc i think you can save it as pc format i will email over some files when i get hometry downloading a logo in eps from brandsoftheworld. Com they should also work fine

Ross lagden
09-30-2011, 8:29 PM
Thanks, I tried downloading the eps logos but they don't even show up in the options when I try to import them.