PDA

View Full Version : New to me Grizzly 1023 table saw

David Langacker
09-29-2011, 2:34 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here, and just purchased a used Grizzly right tilt 1023 table saw. It came with the extended rails, but they seem to be centered on the table, giving me about 36" of rip on each side of the blade. The extension tables are just wood covered in formica. My thought is to rebuild the tables and skew the rails towards one side, giving me greater rip capacity, maybe 48" or so. any thoughts on this? I am also curious about the fence, it seems really solid. It is made in Canada by Emmerson. Never heard of them. Any thoughts. Ill try to post a pic.
Thanks
Dave

Joseph Tarantino
09-29-2011, 4:37 PM
rail shiftig is a good way to increase the rip capacity of a table saw and is done quite often. imho, download an owners manual from grizzly.com and carefully go over all the set up instructions. then check all settings and alignments. i wouldn't assume the previous owner knew anything about the saw. this will ensure it is set up properly and help get you familiar with it quickly and thoroughly.

Gene Waara
09-29-2011, 5:16 PM
Not sure about the 1023 but I moved the rails 7" to the right on a G690. I had to drill and tap one hole on the back side extension and one hole on the front. Not hard to tap ci, it is pretty soft. I built a new right side extension incorporating a router lift. My new rip width is about 37" and I can still easily move the saw on it's mobile base. Can't comment on the fence with any real knowledge (usual case for me!).

David Langacker
09-29-2011, 5:18 PM
rail shiftig is a good way to increase the rip capacity of a table saw and is done quite often. imho, download an owners manual from grizzly.com and carefully go over all the set up instructions. then check all settings and alignments. i wouldn't assume the previous owner knew anything about the saw. this will ensure it is set up properly and help get you familiar with it quickly and thoroughly. Hey guys, the fence is an Excalibur by Sommerville mfg., I don't know where I got emmerson from!!