PDA

View Full Version : Show report and Booth picture

Perry Holbrook
02-26-2005, 4:47 PM
A few of you asked for a report after I got back from the wholesale show in Philly. I added 10 new galleries and got enough re-orders from existing galleries to book me into at least July. Although I sold a few of the new tables, the orders for them could have been better. My display isn't really set up to show off the tables, I'll fix that before the next show.

I've included a photo of the booth I use for this show. Booth shots are pretty hard to do without some external lighting, especially when the lamps are turned on.

BTW, yes, that is a hardwood floor in the booth. Actually, I used 3/4 plywood to make the floor. Most people think it looks pretty good.

Perry

Silas Smith
02-26-2005, 4:51 PM
If you didn't get alot of orders on your tables, chalk it up to the fact that some people have no eye for art. I saw your previous post and those tables are amazing. Great work!

Greg Tatum
02-26-2005, 6:06 PM
One of two reasons you didn't get more orders.....the buyers are all either blind or were walking around with a case of cranial rectitis :D .

Your work is gorgious!

greg

Jim Becker
02-26-2005, 7:08 PM
Congratulations on a good show, Perry! I really like that curved leg table, BTW...and the glass looks awesome!

Jay Albrandt
02-26-2005, 9:03 PM
Perry,

Nice tables! I am curious about the light...do you make them too?

Thanks for posting.

Jay

Perry Holbrook
02-26-2005, 9:23 PM
Perry,

Nice tables! I am curious about the light...do you make them too?

Thanks for posting.

Jay
Yep, I'm a mixed media guy. I work in wood, glass, and copper.

Perry

Jay Albrandt
02-27-2005, 1:02 AM
I checked out your website, but I didn't see any of the hanging lamps. It is difficult to see on the post,....but those are hanging lamps in the back...right? Kinda like a small pendant light? Or am I just seeing things.

Jay

Perry Holbrook
02-27-2005, 8:44 AM
I checked out your website, but I didn't see any of the hanging lamps. It is difficult to see on the post,....but those are hanging lamps in the back...right? Kinda like a small pendant light? Or am I just seeing things.

Jay
Yep, good eyes. Those are small pendants. It's a new item that hasn't made it to the web page. I'm trying to figure out how to best market them and took them to the show to get feedback.

I'm taking them to a show in Ky this week end also. We'll see what that crowd thinks.

Perry