PDA

View Full Version : New Router

Karl Card
09-29-2011, 4:46 AM
I had been looking for a new router and just kept on looking and looking for the one great deal. I had wanted a PC 890 series and looked hard for one but it seems there prices are NOT going down at all and I do think they are good quality but my budget just wasnt going to go that high. So I researched again and again and finally ended up with a Hitachi M12VC 2.25 hp router. So far I really like it. All the reviews had talked about how quiet it was and wow were they right. I made some 1/2 inch dado cuts in some plywood and I was very happy with ease of holding it, power, and the softstart is actually a softstart. so far so good and this coming week my dish bit is coming in and that will really tell how good the router is as I will be making some dish sets out of Brazilian Walnut and some rosewoods.
I got this router new with 5 year warranty shipped for 124.99

Terry Beadle
09-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Stealth Gloat ! A Hitachi for $125 ! Great deal.

Jerome Hanby
09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
I use mine almost every shop session. I paid about that much on the 'bay for my plunge/fixed kit several years back. It's been a real work horse. Only negative I can interject is the lack of a fine adjust mechanism is sometimes a pain, but not all that often...