PDA

View Full Version : My lathe is back among the living Thanks Ken

Brian Brown
09-29-2011, 12:17 AM
A few weeks ago, the start/run capacitor on my lathe motor gave out. *Delta no longer supports the parts for this lathe (LA 200). *What a colossal pain trying to find the exact same capacitor. *I also couldn't determine if the cap was a start or run cap. *Finally found a start cap semi locally, but I think it had been on the shelf so long, it didn't work. This didn't help with determining start vs run. *Ken Fitzgerald offered his help finding a cap for the lathe. *Well, the caps (I got two) finally arrived today. *Two seconds to attach one to the lathe, and I'm back in business. *It wasn't exactly the same as the original, but close enough to work. *Just in case anyone needs to know for the future, it is a start cap (330V, 30mfd), not a run cap. *Long wait, quick fix, back to the lathe tomorrow. *Thanks again Ken for the search help!

Bernie Weishapl
09-29-2011, 7:15 AM
Glad you got it back up running. Ken is alright but don't tell him I said that.:D

John Keeton
09-29-2011, 8:15 AM
Ken has years of experience in that type of thing, and always ready to help! Glad you got it up and going.