PDA

View Full Version : how to cook

ray hampton
09-28-2011, 10:01 PM
I bought 2 new cell phones for myself and the wife, well , while reading the instruction book I found a good recipe that I have to pass on the the Creek " do not try to dry mobile device in a microwave oven

can you top this ?

Dave Gaul
09-29-2011, 9:03 AM
I bought 2 new cell phones for myself and the wife, well , while reading the instruction book I found a good recipe that I have to pass on the the Creek " do not try to dry mobile device in a microwave oven

can you top this ?

I didn't know anyone read those books!

ray hampton
09-29-2011, 1:22 PM
Dave, If you pay for the book then read it
sometime you will find a good laugh

Dave Gaul
09-29-2011, 1:25 PM
My last 3 or 4 phones have all been blackberry's, and i did read the book for the first one. Once you learn a blackberry, you can quickly learn a new one. Guess the tech writer's at BB don't have much of a sense of humor!

ray hampton
09-29-2011, 2:36 PM
My last 3 or 4 phones have all been blackberry's, and i did read the book for the first one. Once you learn a blackberry, you can quickly learn a new one. Guess the tech writer's at BB don't have much of a sense of humor!

any company that are afraid of being sue by SUE forget about their sense of humor and write useless comments in their user books

Jim Rimmer
09-29-2011, 3:52 PM
My guess is that the warning is in the manual because someone at sometime did try to dry out a wet phone in a microwave.

ray hampton
09-29-2011, 5:12 PM
true, while you/they are cooking the battery/ sims card why not dry your credit cards at the same time

David Larsen
09-29-2011, 6:39 PM
Would this be similar to having the words in a manual that say "do not put any body parts in contact with a moving saw blade"?

ray hampton
09-29-2011, 11:27 PM
David, only if the saw blade gets hot enough to boil water

Belinda Barfield
09-30-2011, 7:30 AM
Advisory on my laser engraver . . .

Avoid placing your eye in the beam path.

To do this you would have to do a back bend, stick your head in the machine, and put your eye under the lens. I don't think that ever happened accidently so someone must have tried it.

Jim Rimmer
09-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Advisory on my laser engraver . . .

Avoid placing your eye in the beam path.

To do this you would have to do a back bend, stick your head in the machine, and put your eye under the lens. I don't think that ever happened accidently so someone must have tried it.

Several years ago I visited the plant that produced our cartons. One of the workers on the shipping line used one of the banding machines that puts a plastic band around the bundle, pulls it tight and then uses vibration to weld it together. We noticed he had a "do rag" type sweat band on his head held in place by one of the plastic bands. We asked how he did that and he told us he puts the rag on, wraps the band around it and puts his head in the machine to pull it tight and "weld" it together. That's why those warnings are there. :D

Glen Butler
10-02-2011, 4:33 AM
FYI, if you do need to dry out your phone. Put it in a bag of rice. The rice will draw out the moisture.