PDA

View Full Version : David Charlesworth's condition

rob cosman
09-28-2011, 4:50 PM
I am posting this as a friend, David's condition is very serious and he has been hospitalized in Germany for the past two weeks. I spoke to someone close to him this morning and there has been some improvement, not much but at this stage "some" is good.
As a self employed craftsman I know what a work stoppage like this can do. While recovery is the most important, the reality is David like most of us, needs to work. He derives a part of his income from sales and his royality on books and DVDs. If you have been considering a purchase NOW would be a good time and a great way to show your support. On that note please be aware that online rentals DO NOT pay the author and illegal downloads are killing the DVD business.
www.davidcharlesworth.com

Please keep David and Pat in your prayers.
cheers
Rob Cosman

Bill Moser
09-28-2011, 5:05 PM
Rob -
Thanks for posting this. Like JK, David has been a "hero" of mine. I have most, if not all, of his books and DVDs, and built my workbench based on his design. He has so much more to teach others, and my heart goes out to him, and his family.
- Bill
p.s. I don't have the books at my fingertips at the moment, but I think the bench is described in his Furniture making techniques Vol I. The basic design is sturdy, beautiful, applicable in a variety of contexts, and even suitable for knock-down pieces, due to the stretcher design

Brian Kent
09-28-2011, 7:00 PM
Thank you for posting this Rob.

Now would be an excellent time to hear some recommendations on David Charlesworth's books.

Brian

Matthew Dworman
09-28-2011, 8:12 PM
All 3 books are amazing and were my "Bible" when I started getting serious about hand tool work.
If you don't own them, do yourself a favor and get them.

My thoughts and prayers go out to David. I hope he recovers soon!