PDA

View Full Version : DNA Storage

Tom Winship
09-28-2011, 1:01 PM
I have a rough turned bowl soaking in DNA now. The container is a cat food plastic container that has a snap on lid. It appears to be sealing.
Would you leave it in the shop or outside? (After reading the label, you know how it is; you don't even want to know anyone who has ever bought any.)

Rob Cunningham
09-28-2011, 1:06 PM
I keep my DNA in a sealed 5 gallon bucket in my shop with no problems. Just make sure the DNA is not attacking the container, it can deteriorate some plastics.

Scott Hackler
09-28-2011, 1:16 PM
My Dna container is an old shop vac bucket. I have a plywood home made lid on it with a plastic trash bag as a sealing buffer between the two. I also have a cement block on top to make sure its sealed! All this is under the counter of a bench in my shop. No worries, for me. Yes the stuff is highly flamable, but so it the cans of gasoline in my garage.

Ken Whitney
09-29-2011, 6:06 AM
Home Depot orange bucket for mine.

Donny Lawson
09-29-2011, 6:48 AM
Tom, that will work fine. I use the kitty litter bucket too and have been for a few years with no problem. I just leave mine in the shop floor. The snap lid works great. The only problem is that sometimes the container isn't big enough. Other than that I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good DNA bucket.

Bernie Weishapl
09-29-2011, 7:03 AM
I have mine also in a plastic container in the shop. It is sealed well so I don't worry about it.

Tom Hamilton
09-29-2011, 7:59 AM
Tom, my DNA is stored in a 5 gal gas can. It's inside I don't notice any odor or evaporation.

All the best, Tom, in Douglasville, GA, and a greater respecter of the Aggie tradition.

allen thunem
09-29-2011, 8:41 AM
i store my dna in the 5 gallon can it came in

John M. Smith
09-29-2011, 8:42 AM
Home depot orange bucket for me. That reminds me, I have a cherry rough out in mine. Been there since May :eek::eek:

Tom Winship
09-29-2011, 8:56 AM
All the best, Tom, in Douglasville, GA, and a greater respecter of the Aggie tradition.

Thanks Tom, will be glad when the Aggie schedule for 2012 comes out. I'm assuming we will play Georgia sparingly since they are in the east division. I think this is a good move for the Ags.

James Combs
09-29-2011, 9:14 AM
Lowe's 5gal grey bucket for mine. Works great for me.