PDA

View Full Version : Ash Bowl for a fund raiser

Greg Just
09-27-2011, 9:23 PM
This is an ash bowl I am donating to an organization called Feed My Starving Children. They are running a fund raiser in November and this will be part of the silent auction. It is a great organization and I am happy to donate a bowl like this. My son's Scout Troop has donated their time to this organization in mixing food packets that get shipped all over the world. This bowl was made from some ash I recovered after a bad storm this spring. The bowl is 8 inches across at the top and 4 inches high. There is some very interesting grain patterns in the wood and there appears to be dirt on the bowl in the first picture, but it is really in the wood.

Paul Williams
09-27-2011, 10:18 PM
A great donation for a worthy cause. Really interesting piece of ash.

Steve Vaughan
09-27-2011, 10:25 PM
I really like that knot on both sides!

John Keeton
09-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Nice, clean form, Greg! Hope the auction does well.

Doug W Swanson
09-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Greg, Nice looking bowl. The grain of the bowl is really cool!

FMSC is a great organization. My daughter has also packaged food there and it was a good time. When/where is the silent auction? Maybe I'll try and come up with something.

Bernie Weishapl
09-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Really nice bowl Greg and it should do well. What finish did you use?

Steve Schlumpf
09-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Really cool bowl Greg! The elongated knot is something you don't get everyday! Best of luck at the auction! This piece should really do well!

Jim Burr
09-28-2011, 8:58 AM
I love simple bowls like this Greg...and people love to buy 'em! It's going to be a winner!!

Greg Just
09-28-2011, 9:31 PM
Greg, Nice looking bowl. The grain of the bowl is really cool!

FMSC is a great organization. My daughter has also packaged food there and it was a good time. When/where is the silent auction? Maybe I'll try and come up with something.

Doug:

FMSC has it's big fund raising event in early November, but donation have to be in by Monday October 3rd. PM me if you want more details.

Really nice bowl Greg and it should do well. What finish did you use?

Bernie:

First I used antique oil then an application of BLO. I next plan to buff it. If I had some of that new General Finishes WTF, I would have used that as I like the finish you got on your maple bowl.

charlie knighton
09-28-2011, 9:44 PM
very nice Greg, love the figure in the wood

Baxter Smith
09-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Nice bowl Greg. The limb adds a lot of interest!