PDA

View Full Version : Rotary International logo

Sandy Henry
09-27-2011, 9:21 PM
Doe's anyone have nice clean vector file for the Rotary International logo? I have lo res bmp but shrinking it down to 1" & the text is too pixelated. Thanks in advance!

Vicki Rivrud
09-27-2011, 9:56 PM
Hi Sandy,
Hope this helps
http://www.graphics-for-rotarians.org/printeps.html

Vicki

Craig Matheny
09-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Be careful on using the Rotarian's logo if you do not have permission as they are very stringent on this

Bill Overturf
09-29-2011, 1:31 PM
www.brandsoftheworld.com everybody should have that page bookmarked

Craig Matheny
09-29-2011, 3:31 PM
www.brandsoftheworld.com (http://www.brandsoftheworld.com) everybody should have that page bookmarked Just because they have it does not mean you can sell it. Read this.. from their site.

1. Copyright, Licenses and Idea Submissions.
Domestic and International copyright and trademark laws protect the entire contents of the Site. The owners of the intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks are WEBM, its affiliates and subsidiaries or other third party licensors. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY, COPY, REPRODUCE, REPUBLISH, UPLOAD, POST, TRANSMIT, OR DISTRIBUTE, IN ANY MANNER, THE MATERIAL ON THE SITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, CODE AND/OR SOFTWARE.

Bill Overturf
09-29-2011, 7:55 PM
Not saying o copy right infringe what i'm saying is if the local Rotary Club comes in and ask me to engrave a plaque for them and all they have is a crappy jpeg I'm gonna save the time and go download it. In no way is that copy right infringement!

Craig Matheny
09-29-2011, 8:06 PM
Not saying o copy right infringe what i'm saying is if the local Rotary Club comes in and ask me to engrave a plaque for them and all they have is a crappy jpeg I'm gonna save the time and go download it. In no way is that copy right infringement!

First I was just sharing so do not get so sensitive and excited, personally I do not care what you do with it but being you brought it up here is the legal facts on using their logo.

As I said before was be careful with this group the Rotarian's are very protective of their logo, and just because some one brings you a logo to put on something does not mea you have the legal right to use it. Here is from the Rotarian's site on graphic use...
The trademarks, service marks, and logos, including, but not limited to, "ROTARY," "ROTARY CLUB," "ROTARY INTERNATIONAL," the ROTARY Emblem, "THE ROTARY FOUNDATION," the TRF Logo, "TRF," "ROTARIAN," "INTERACT," "INTERACT CLUB," "ROTARACT," "ROTARACT CLUB," among numerous others (collectively the "Rotary Marks"), are the registered and common law trademarks of Rotary International. The Rotary Marks may not be copied or used, in whole or in part, by Users without the prior written permission of Rotary International, unless you are a member of a Rotary club, district, or other Rotary Entity and use the Rotary Marks according to RI guidelines for use of the Rotary Marks found in theManual of Procedure (http://www.rotary.org/RIdocuments/en_pdf/035en_full.pdf). RI strongly encourages all Members to familiarize themselves with official RI guidelines for use of the Rotary Marks. For more information on the proper use of the Rotary Marks, please see the guidelines for the use of the Rotary Marks (http://www.rotary.org/en/AboutUs/SiteTools/Graphics/Pages/properuse.aspx).

The only reason I am bringing this up is we had a broker that supplied my wife (she embroiders) with logos and shirts and they got a letter to stop because they did not have a letter of approval. CYA is all.

Bob Argus
10-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Rotary International has a formal licensing program which covers all of their marks, logos, emblems, etc. You can find detailed information and applications on the Rotary dot Org website.

Part of the licensing agreement requires the payment of a royalty on the total sales of Rotary related products with a minimum annual payment. These royalty payments go into the general fund of Rotary International and are available for running the organization and to help fund projects around the world.

Individuals and businesses which manufacture or sell non-licensed products or services have been know to receive cease and desist letters and where necessary further legal action.

There are currently over 300 businesses in the world that are licensed. My company happens to be one of these so I am familiar with the licensing program. Should you have further questions on the licensing program I would be willing to answer them or you may contact the Licensing Department of rotary International in Evanston, Illinois directly.

Craig Matheny
10-05-2011, 12:50 PM
There it is thanks Bob for clearing this up.