PDA

View Full Version : Some New Pens

James Combs
09-27-2011, 8:50 PM
Made these pens over the past few days. All the wood ones have a CA finish.

L to R
T-Gold Slimline dressed in Tasmanian Black Wood (Must be the blackish streaks that some of it has??)
Chrome/Satin Chrome Elegant Sierra dressed in KY Oak tobacco stick wood.
T-Gold Cigar pen dressed in curly maple. (better picture of the curl below)
T-Gold & black Titanium Sierra dressed in a "worthless wood" cast blank (Claro Walnut Burl)
Chrome Slimline Dressed in Asian Walnut.

Cigar wiht curly maple. The curl look a lot better in the original board I found it in then it does in the pen.

C&C appreciated.

Dave Bell
09-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Well done James, they are beautiful.

Dave

James Combs
09-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Well done James, they are beautiful.

Dave

Thanks Dave for the comment and for looking.

Jeff Hamilton Jr.
09-28-2011, 1:12 PM
James, I REALLY like the cigar with the curly maple. Your transitions look VERY tight, not an easy task. Also, I think the curl looks great; too much mor would overpower the pen in my humble opinion. I like the Sierra in walnut next best; though I have to say (I've made a whole bunch of that style 'cuz they're easy!) they are not the most comfortable writing instruments to me. Overall really good looking penmanship :-)

Tim Rinehart
09-28-2011, 1:18 PM
Great set James...it's all good. I do like the lower flare you do on your slimlines, I may have to 'borrow' that. Looks like it would be very comfortable to hold. I have a couple of the Comfort bands I bought to go with some slimlines, so I'll have to give that a go.
I think my favorite, based more on the wood, is the Sierra with Kentucky Oak. I like the streaks.