PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
09-26-2011, 7:45 AM
26 Sep 2011

Good Morning Everyone,
Well, I'm back home after being away for 2 weeks. Dad's funeral went well and the biggest pain was trying to get all the legal stuff and banking stuff done for mom. We still aren't done, but we are closer to being done than we ever were. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. The Peacock Family greatly appreciated them.

Woodworking, well, I have some to do for our family doctor again. I seem to get stuff from him every year and I don't mind helping him out because he takes Joseph up to his farm several weekends a year to hunt and help him on the farm. This is a great thing for Joseph as he really enjoys that time away.

It's good to be "home" again. That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Brett Clark
09-26-2011, 9:24 AM
I finally finished the six dining room chairs I started working on last fall. The family is happy:) and I'm relieved:o.

David Hostetler
09-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Spent WAY more time talking paint colors with LOML over the weekend than I wanted to. There are LOTS of things I love doing with her. Looking at paint color cards is NOT one of them. Actually I just hate picking paint colors period... I would be perfectly happy repainting with the existing colors, but apparently there are colors other than bone white. Who knew?

I spent some time in the shop this weekend practicing router inlay work on some garbage 2x6 scrap. I don't have it down to a science yet, but I have inlays that fit the recesses that I am making... I am close to transferring this whole thing to Walnut and Maple... Soon, very soon...

I spent a little bit of time on the phone with my Dad yesterday. Living so far away from my folks I don't get to see them often enough, and honestly, I am too busy for my own good most days, and need to remind myself to call my parents... I wish Texas wasn't so far from Oregon.... I'd love to spend more time with my side of the family, and my old High School friends, well most of them anyway...

I actually had to mow and edge over the weekend. This hideous drought we are in has had one very notable upshot. I have only had to mow about 6 times in 2011...

Matt Meiser
09-26-2011, 10:57 AM
We went camping for the last time for the year, which unfortunately was only the second time of the year due to an exceptionally busy summer. I left with my daughter and her friend as soon as they got home from school and LOML met us. Saturday was a leisurely day but Sunday morning we got at the crack of dawn to pack up and head home so the girls could go to cheer at the the football game. That, some grocery shopping, and dinner at my parents' pretty much tied up the rest of the day. I did steal a few minutes in the shop during the brief periods we were home and repainted the doors on my band saw. I went out early this morning and installed the replacement tags that Mike Null made for me. They look great!

Jim Becker
09-26-2011, 8:51 PM
I hope things calm down and get back to um..."normal"....for you, Dennis!

I spent a good bit of time leading into and over the weekend finishing up (literally) the floor in the study room located on the first floor of the 250 year old portion of our home. A little more work and that "project that doesn't want to end" will finally come to a close. Thread here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?173112-Project-Thresholds-and-Wide-Pine-Floor)

Next projects up are indeterminate, but I have a whole bunch of other home maintenance left before I start on whatever gets the nod.