PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly shipping for G0555P bandsaw.

Matthew Sherman
09-24-2011, 11:51 PM
I am thinking of ordering a G0555P bandsaw from grizzly. I am concerned with shipping. I don't think a semi could get in to my driveway easily, plus our neighborhood is in the middle of having water and sewer installed. If I pick up the shipment from the freight depot will the bandsaw be in enough pieces to load it by hand. I have a Jeep so just loading it from a pallet wouldn't work. Has anyone had this shipped before?

Mike Metz
09-25-2011, 3:49 AM
Matt,
I have the g0555 machine, same thing just normal grizzly paint scheme.when i ordered it in 2003 it came in one box, the stand and the table were disassembled but the main saw unit was fully assembled with motor attached. from my thoughts you should be able to unpack and fit into a jeep. But you might want to call grizzly and find out for sure.

Paul Wunder
09-25-2011, 5:41 AM
Same bandsaw, green version. My driveway is inaccessable to a semi because of the slope. UPS ground delivered it and the driver put it on a hand truck, pushed it up the driveway and plopped it into my garage. I was very pleased. Call Grizzly and explain your situation.

Tony Zaffuto
09-25-2011, 7:53 AM
I believe if you look at the Grizzly website, at each tool, under the heading "specifications", you will find shipping container size and weight (plus number of boxes). No opinion about this models bandsaw, but it might be a huge help to get a friend with a pick-up, to help you.

glenn bradley
09-25-2011, 9:00 AM
From the spec sheet:

Shipping Dimensions:
Type.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........... Cardboard
Content........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ............ Machine
Weight............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .............. 198 lbs.
Length x Width x Height............................................ .................................................. ......................... 44 x 21 x 20 in.

Steven Hsieh
09-25-2011, 11:24 AM
The bottom frame is the first thing you will see when you open the box. It can be remove easily. But The bandsaw in the bottom is sitting on the box cube foam. It is heavy.

Doug Colombo
09-25-2011, 8:23 PM
When I bought my Rikon 10-325 from Woodcraft, they loaded it in my Grand Cherokee with no issues. I would think the Grizzy should fit.