PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi Warranty registration woes

Fred Voorhees
02-25-2005, 6:45 PM
Some of you guys may remember about a month or so ago when I posted about my beloved Hitachi M12V router taking a dump due to some empty-headedness on my part. You may also remember that I replaced it with another M12V. I dutifully filled out the warranty card and dropped it into the mail system.

I got a surprise today when I got the mail. The card was returned to me with a stamp on it detailing "Return to Sender - Forwarding Oder Expired". Now, that is a kick in the pants! I was wondering, with the popularity of this particular model router, has anyone else experienced this with registering their Hitachi? I posted this query first thing upon getting on the computer tonight. I plan to go right to Google and find a website for Hitachi and see if I can register the router on-line. I just was curious if anyone else has run into this.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-25-2005, 6:51 PM
I don't have a hitachi router, but yeah, I do think someone at the company needs to know about this! It sure makes them look bad that they are returning waranty cards back to the customers! :)

Fred Voorhees
02-25-2005, 7:02 PM
Jeff, I found their website and came up with a toll free "technical support" number that is available M-F and I plan on calling them Monday and finding out what is up. Will post anything pertinant.