PDA

View Full Version : Pride and joy

Allan Ferguson
09-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Vase 6" high, 6 1/4 wide. Black walnut with Blood wood neck. WOP finish. Photos do not live up to the product.

Dennis Ford
09-24-2011, 12:36 PM
The form and finish are very good. The wood looks very nice in the "upside down" picture, probably looks a better in person. I am sure a few creekers will give photo advise, dark woods are difficult to get a good picture of.

Josh Bowman
09-24-2011, 1:21 PM
Allen,
I like it. I bet it was hard to reach the inside top of the HF.

Bill Walsh
09-24-2011, 3:34 PM
Allan, Nice work!! The curves are very consistant (no flat areas). Easier said then done....
What did you use for hollowing tools???? I've been using Hollow-Pro tools by Mike Jackofsky sold by Craft Supply. They have no hood to adjust and use Hunter Carbide cutters.

Allan Ferguson
09-24-2011, 3:53 PM
Just hit the wrong button and seem to have lost my answer to the above questions. Now to start over: Using a cheaper flat bar hook tool (scraper). Guessing most of the wall thickness. The neck was turned separately and the glued on and joining cove formed with the hook tool while running in reverse. This hook too can give you some dramatic catches and spoil your day. Hope to one day upgrade to the Monster rig. Thanks for the comments. Allan.

Bernie Weishapl
09-24-2011, 5:20 PM
Allan that is a beauty. Form and finish really are spot on.