PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a little sad

Leigh Betsch
09-23-2011, 11:20 PM
I haven't posted much this summer, too busy training a dog (Roy) and motorbiking. But now I feel a little bad. I just sold Roy to guy from CO. He will pick him up in few weeks. I got pretty attached to him but I don't need three hunting dogs and he is going to fine home.
And I sold my Goldwing to a guy who's coming to pick it up on Sunday.

But the good news is my new BMW K1600 GTL is on the boat and should be here in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!
And I plan to buy a new pup next spring for another training prospect!!
And pheasant season is only a few weeks away!!
And I just spent 4hrs in the shop, the first time since May!!!

Ok I don't feel sad any more. Can't wait for the new bike! ..... but I'm gonna miss Ol'Roy.

Lee Schierer
09-24-2011, 8:01 AM
Our dog Rudy went camping with us for four days and I couldn't really let him run much. He was so full of energy when we got home he zoomed around our one acre fenced area like a crazy dog for about an hour when we got home. I've been taking him for longer and longer runs to get us both in shape for pheasant season which starts here for Rudy on Oct 8, but not for me until Oct 22. He will help with two youth hunts before I get to do any hunting. I hope to get some good photos of him working this year.

Leigh Betsch
09-24-2011, 10:07 AM
I think dogs are just always in better shape than me. At 7 my older male, Akin, still runs like a rocket, I still have to rein him in some. Rosie is 11 and doesn't run with the boys any more , she has slowed up and doesn't like to play bump and run anymore, her hunting days are about over. She got in on a three way coon stretching with the boys the other evening so she thought she was big stuff again.
Our youth season is Oct 1 - 4, then resident only weekend is Oct 8 - 10, then the real season opener is Oct 15. Hope to see you in November.