PDA

View Full Version : Oneway came through as promised

Bill Wyko
09-23-2011, 4:23 PM
I've been using a Oneway Stronghold chuck for years now. It started loosening up on its own. I contacted OneWay and they offered to send a replacement with no strings attached other than I have to send the old one back. as promised, my new chuck showed up today witha return label. Just want to give them a big thanks for their fantastic customer service. They will now be on the top of my list when it comes to Lathes, Chucks and anything else they may offer. I'ma happy guy today:D

Marty Eargle
09-23-2011, 4:35 PM
I don't know that I've every heard anything negative about Oneway. They really seem to know what they're doing up there in the great white north.

Glad you got all sorted out Bill.

Steve Schlumpf
09-23-2011, 5:57 PM
Glad to hear that you got your new chuck Bill! Still, I am curious as to why your original chuck started to loosen up... I do hope they get back to you with the reason!!

Bill Wyko
09-23-2011, 6:25 PM
It worked perfectly for a couple years. One day I needed it to open ever so slightly so I gave an extra twist to open it up about a 1/32" after that it would loosen up when I turned the lathe off almost every time. as of last weekend it hasn't done it. I would really put both hands into it and it would still do it. Very strange. I will say though, before this mystery started, that sucker will hold a refrigerator.

Steve Schlumpf
09-23-2011, 6:35 PM
That's cool... been thinking about turning refrigerators....

charlie knighton
09-23-2011, 7:06 PM
Bill, i also have a stronghold, and it is the only one i have had, great use since i have been turning, i did have to buy a new insert when i bought new lathe several years ago, larger spindle size

Steve.... full size or college dorm size refrigerators????

Tim Thiebaut
09-23-2011, 7:59 PM
Its great when companys treat their customers like this, nice you gave them props for it to!

Kyle Iwamoto
09-23-2011, 8:27 PM
that sucker will hold a refrigerator.

Wow, that's a big lathe.....

Bernie Weishapl
09-23-2011, 9:07 PM
Glad to hear they took care of you Bill.

Donny Lawson
09-24-2011, 9:02 AM
Oneway chucks are on top in my book. Really glad you got a replacement.,and for "FREE".

Nathan Hawkes
09-24-2011, 11:36 AM
It worked perfectly for a couple years. One day I needed it to open ever so slightly so I gave an extra twist to open it up about a 1/32" after that it would loosen up when I turned the lathe off almost every time. as of last weekend it hasn't done it. I would really put both hands into it and it would still do it. Very strange. I will say though, before this mystery started, that sucker will hold a refrigerator.

Bill, what jaws were you using, and expansion or compression mode, or both? I have two stronghold chucks that I love, and use daily.