PDA

View Full Version : Rikon 10-315, 12" Bandsaw.......why so $$$$

George Farra
09-23-2011, 4:11 PM
Hi All

This has simply baffled me for a long long time. Why in the world is Rikon's 12" bandsaw (10-315) so expensive?? Does Rikon not want to sell these machines? Amazon has this saw for $725, for the same price you can find so many better buigger saws. What is up with this??

George

Curt Harms
09-24-2011, 7:59 AM
I have no idea. I'll bet they don't sell many at that price. For someone who had their heart set on one though, Sears has it for $649.99. The shipping is $78, I don't know if Sears does ship-to-store like WalMart or not. The 10-320 14" is around the same price so why anybody would buy the 12" at about the same price is a good question.

Geoff Barry
09-24-2011, 12:36 PM
In fact, Sears has the 10-320 14" for $579.99 . . . strange price on the 12". It used to be a bit cheaper than the 14". FWIW, the 10-320 is a decent, basic european style 14" bandsaw. I got one off CL a few years ago, and it's fine for what it is (I wouldn't want to do any major resawing on it - only 1 hp, and limited to about 6 or 7" in height -- but otherwise it works well, and has a decent table size. It'll do just fine until I get the Agazzani 24" that I just know will come my way ;) ). If you do pick one up, be aware that it's a 2-speed saw. When I first got mine, I thought it cut like crap, even with a new blade. A buddy came over to see it, and said "Gee, it sure looks like it's runninng slow." A short investigation later, with the belt on the proper pulley, my blade speed about doubled and it cut just fine.