PDA

View Full Version : bad news

curtis rosche
09-22-2011, 6:42 PM
he was the man who helped to make me who i am. he gave me that common sense and sense of pride in your work that most kids i know dont have. he changed my life. with out him i would never have even been able to get a lathe and get farther into woodworking. my mom just gave me the call, my stepfather Richard Hendrie, just died, he lost his multi year battle with cancer........ not much more i can type right now...

Ted Calver
09-22-2011, 6:48 PM
Our condolences on your loss, Curtis.

Dave Ray
09-22-2011, 6:57 PM
Celebrate his life Curt. Every time you turn on that lathe, remember him and smile. I am very sorry for your loss.

Gene Howe
09-22-2011, 6:57 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, Curtis. My condolences.

Paul McGaha
09-22-2011, 7:00 PM
Feel for you guys Curtis. Very sorry for you loss.

A prayer has been sent.

Gary Hodgin
09-22-2011, 7:35 PM
Sorry for you loss. You'll be in my prayers. Folks like you are lucky to have had such people in their lives. I had such people in my life and I miss them a lot.

Jim O'Dell
09-22-2011, 7:48 PM
So sorry to hear this Curtis. Sounds like he was a really good man. May the shamrocks fall softly...... Jim.

Scott Shepherd
09-22-2011, 8:01 PM
Curtis, I don't think I've ever replied to one of your posts directly, but I can tell you I have really enjoyed reading your posts because for someone your age, you have repeatedly shown class, dignity, and character far beyond your years. You have had many bad days in the last few years, and you handled each one so well. I've always thought to myself "There's a young man someone did a darn good job raising".

I think one of the best gifts you ever gave your Step Dad was just letting him watch what a fine young man you have become. I didn't know him, and I don't know you, but I'd guess that he is very proud of you, and that's a gift you gave him, a gift that probably meant more to him that you'll ever know. Seeing how you turned out, he obviously was a remarkable man.

The things you did to try and make his life better when he was having a tough time where remarkable. I wish more young men were like you today.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Rich Aldrich
09-22-2011, 8:32 PM
Curtis,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It is amazing how people can step in and help a young person like your step dad did for you. I agree with Scott's post above. The gift you gave him was accepting him and allowing him to help you. Some young people dont give a step parent a chance.

I just lost my mom this past May. I really never understood how important it was to talk to people who have lost a love one, but I now understand.

Phil Thien
09-22-2011, 9:11 PM
Sorry for your loss Curtis.

Ron Jones near Indy
09-22-2011, 9:45 PM
Sorry for your loss Curtis. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Augusto Orosco
09-22-2011, 10:07 PM
My sincere Condolences, Curtis. Your family will be in my prayers.

Mike Henderson
09-22-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Honor him by remembering the things he taught you and the times you spent together.

Mike

Don Alexander
09-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Scott said it very well My thoughts and prayers are with you , Curtis

Steve Schlumpf
09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Curtis - I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers sent for you and your family! You have made many friends here... and this is a tough situation for anyone. Email, PM or call if you would like to talk ....

Jeff Monson
09-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Sorry for your loss Curtis, its very hard to loose someone so close. Thank God for sharing him with you, and him being such a major influence in your life. Prayers go out to you and your family.

Rod Sheridan
09-23-2011, 8:59 AM
Dear Curtis, my sincere condolences on your loss.

You were fortunate to have such a good mentor, I'm sure you will honour himin the future by paying that forward..............Regards, Rod.

Jason Roehl
09-23-2011, 9:02 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Curtis. May your memories of him soon turn your grief to joy.

Sam Layton
09-23-2011, 9:55 AM
Curtis, I am sorry for your loss. You and you family are in my prayers.

God Bless, Sam

Belinda Barfield
09-23-2011, 9:58 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Curtis. Praying for you and your family.

Brian Kent
09-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Curtiss, our hearts and prayers are with you.

Brian

Jackie Outten
09-23-2011, 1:22 PM
Curtis

Keith and I were very sorry to hear about your stepdad. It is so hard to lose someone you love at any time but particularly hard for someone your age. You and your mom will be in our thoughts and prayers. You are a very lucky young man to have had your stepdad in your life. You have been blessed.

Jackie Outten

John Shuk
09-23-2011, 5:33 PM
I think his influence will be felt throughout your life. I'm very sorry for your loss.

ray hampton
09-23-2011, 5:46 PM
Curtis, If you need to talk a post here will get answer quick

Ray Chalenski
09-23-2011, 6:21 PM
Curtis, so sorry for your and your mom's loss. A greater power has determined his job was done here and it was time to come home. It's your job to carry on his memory and what he's taught you and hopefully you can impart that wisdom on others.

Rob Cunningham
09-24-2011, 8:42 AM
Curtis, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. May you and your family find comfort in this time of grief. Thoughts and prayers sent.