PDA

View Full Version : "Sorbeeyoutiful!"

Russell Svenningsen
02-25-2005, 3:07 PM
That's a lame thread name, I know.

Well, after moving from one region of the country to another and taking a professorship at a uiversity here in Minnesota, our salaries took a significant hit. Junior faculty don't make nearly what tenured professors do. At any rate, I've been under a "tool-buying" moratorium of late. No big purchases to speak of.

However, after my terrific experience at Bills Grumbine's over Christmas, my lovely wife surprised me on my birthday with a brand-new Sorby 3/8" bowl gouge! Our digital camera is on the fritz, so the link to the page on Rockler is:

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&offerings_id=6427&objectgroup_id=480&catid=84&filter=sorby

Haven't had the chance to make any shavings with it yet. Hopefully this weekend will offer some moments to sneak out the shop!

Have a nice weekend,
Russell

Jeff Sudmeier
02-25-2005, 3:10 PM
Congrats on the new gouge! Now get out there and make some thing Beautiful with it! :)

Pete Kekel
02-25-2005, 3:40 PM
I thought the same thing Jeff, but I was hoping for something "Svennsational"!

Russell Svenningsen
02-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Well-played you two! I so appreciate fellas with a similar sense-of-humor!

I can tell you right now my wife will roll her eyes mightily when I tell her, "I'm not the only one..........".

I'll see if I can "Rustle" up something purty with the gouge this weekend!

Best,
Ruscle

keith zimmerman
02-27-2005, 1:23 PM
Congrats on the gouge Russell. I have one and like it a lot. It is just enough smaller than the 1/2" that the difference in the diameter of the shaft yields a different cut, even though the grind is eccentially the same on both.

It's time to make some shaving with that new gouge.

keith