PDA

View Full Version : My turn

Doug Lynch
09-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Ok my turn to post a picture of the latest work we did.
There is an Air Force base close by us and we have started getting a lot of jobs from them. About a month ago they came by the shop and wanted this patch 24 inches in diameter with led lights behind the wings to light up the background. I said we would give it a shot. Here it is and I also put red leds to light up the flames and eye. They seemed to like it. I did learn a lot and if ever done again would do a number of things different. One picture is with room lights on the other off.
And yes I want advice on what I should have done it to make it better.

Thanks
Doug

John Noell
09-22-2011, 1:47 AM
Nice work!

Mike Null
09-22-2011, 6:22 AM
You did a good job of producing what the customer wanted. I would have preferred to see the whole thing back lit but I am not paying.

Albert Nix
09-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Nice work....

Martin Boekers
09-22-2011, 2:20 PM
Looks good Doug!

There is work to be had on Air Force Bases esp if you do things their Arts & Crafts Center doesn't provide.

Check the wood shop at FE Warren AFB WY They have a really nice wood and engraving shop.

www.funatwarren.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Products-Web3.pdf (http://www.funatwarren.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Products-Web3.pdf)

I manage the Engraving shop at Scott AFB and try as I might I can't cover all the engraving
and signage needs on base.

If you can access the base visit the Arts & Crafts Center, I take consignments and they may
to.
I also keep info on who can produce things I can't, that way they come to me first because they know
if I can't do it I probably can recommend someone that can!