PDA

View Full Version : turning off engraver with fans at high speed ?

Kasey Maxwell
09-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Hello, just a simple question, would it harm my zing engraver to do cutting to get the cooling fans on full and right after cutting turn off the machine, I have never known the answer to this, I always leave it on till the fans come back down to a slower speed, just curious........:)

Thanks

Rodne Gold
09-22-2011, 2:19 AM
Most likely a better bet to give it a small "cooling off" period , tho I doubt switching it off right away will be an issue....

Greg Bednar
09-22-2011, 6:27 AM
It does present a good opportunity for the manufacturer to improve the product though. A sensor to monitor heat and regardless of on/off switch position, keep the fans on until the tube reaches ambient temperature. I don't know how much it would increase the cost of the machine, but like I said, it would be a nice little engineering tweak.

Dan Hintz
09-22-2011, 6:30 AM
My ULS keeps the fans cranked up for a period of time after a job is done... doesn't appear to be temp based as the runtime on the fans doesn't change, regardless of how light/hard I pushed it, but it's better than nothing.

Joe De Medeiros
09-22-2011, 9:01 AM
Hello, just a simple question, would it harm my zing engraver to do cutting to get the cooling fans on full and right after cutting turn off the machine, I have never known the answer to this, I always leave it on till the fans come back down to a slower speed, just curious........:)

Thanks

I let mine slow down before turning it off as well, it only takes a few minutes anyway.

David Fairfield
09-22-2011, 9:44 AM
A cool off period is just part of good preventive maintenance. After cutting, I always let mine run a few minutes before shutting off and generally leave it switched on if I expect to do more cutting within the next hour or so.