PDA

View Full Version : Anyone receive a saw from Mike Wenzloff recently?

Tim Null
09-21-2011, 5:56 PM
I have a kit on order from Feb 1. I know he has been through rough times this year, which is why I have been patient. Dozens of e-mails have gone unanswered. I have used EMAIL, but noted that there is another address as well. My first purchase was a panel saw kit and he was great. Prompt responses. I know that he was going through rough times at the beginning of my order. But I notice that he has updates on his web site and new saws offered. But my order remains unfilled.

So I just want to know if any of you have ordered and received saws during this time. I don't understand why mine has gone unfilled and I can't get a response from Mike, it is uncharacteristic.

Paul Incognito
09-21-2011, 6:07 PM
I ordered a saw plate and some nuts/bolts from him as soon as his website was reactivated. Got the parts promptly, then sent him an email with a question and never got a response. I figured he was just busy.
That was my first time dealing with Mike, but I've heard nothing but good things about him and his customer service. Try the other address and see if that works. Good luck.
Paul

Mark Baldwin III
09-21-2011, 6:13 PM
I see they have some updates on their site as of today. I ordered some stuff just over three weeks ago, but it hasn't come yet. I've heard a few times that sometimes they get pretty backed up and stuff takes a while though. I'm not worried yet.
Hopefully you get your order resolved, that seems like a long time. It would be possible that something got missed when they were away from the business earlier this year.

Tim Null
09-21-2011, 6:14 PM
Just got a response from mike using the other address. He is ending my kit ASAP, even offered a refund on top of it. I told him that if he could send the kit, no refund was necessary. Turns out it was just a mass of unanswered e-mails due to the absences, which I thought may have been the problem. I was just frustrated due to a lack of status. I think everything is ok now.

Mark Baldwin III
09-21-2011, 6:19 PM
Glad to hear it! Maybe that means that they're catching up and they can start getting some of the pending orders taken care of. I plan on getting one of the panel saw kits once my current order shows up.

Derek Cohen
09-22-2011, 2:22 AM
I ordered a second plate and brass back about 10 days ago. The order was confirmed and a few days ago it was marked shipped. Shipping can take 7-10 days to Australia (except for LV, where the last order took a couple of days!!). My first saw plate and back went through very smoothly, so I do not expect any issues here.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Acharya Kumarswami
10-12-2011, 12:38 AM
That is good news. I am planning to order some folded back as well. He mentions in a note on that page that it is good to order them longer than you need.
I sent a question in asking what that means and how to do that, since there are only options for standard lengths on the menu. Did you resolve that, or just not worry about it?
Regards from Hawaii
Acharya

David Weaver
10-12-2011, 7:48 AM
I would just order an extra inch or two of back, in case the ends of the folded back aren't the way you want them. Then, you cut them off to the length you want, and pinch/file the ends of the back with whatever style you want and not be working close to the edge of your plate with little material.