PDA

View Full Version : person wanted to build display units

Alan Mitchell
02-25-2005, 8:24 AM
This is Al Mitchell from the Homestead Woodworking School. I don't know if the following announcement is appropriate for this forum, but I'm sure you'll let me know if it isn't. Occasionally I get requests to build things, and I pass them on to other people. Recently, a guy named Jim Reed, called me. He prints real estate materials and wants someone to make some nice looking display racks that he can place in the stores. Right now he uses wire racks, and he wants to upgrade. If you are interested, you may email him at
Jim@Reidpublications.com

Dan Gill
02-25-2005, 9:07 AM
I looked at his website and he's in New Hampshire. Maybe one of you New England types can help him out.

Jim Dunn
02-25-2005, 9:20 AM
Hey Alan, welcome to the Creek. Hope you show the pics of the completed display case. And some pics of your shop and completed/underway projects. Again welcome to the most helpful place on the www when it comes to ww.
Jim

Dave Anderson NH
02-25-2005, 10:28 AM
For those of you who are outside of NH and New England, Alan runs a woodworking school called the Homestead School in Newfields, NH. He is often our host for Guild of NH Woodworkers meetings (like last Saturday), and runs a first class operation with great instruction and reasonable pricing. Personally, I honed my turning skills at his school in one of his courses that ran 6 sessions of 3 hours over a couple of months. The school name comes from the fact that the converted and expanded barn the school is in is part of his family homestead which dates back to some time in the mid 1700s.

Ted Shrader
02-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Alan -

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out. Hope to see you around to discuss things after the racks get made.

This seems like an appropriate request to me. Bet somebody up in your area will be able to help Jim out.

Welcome,
Ted