PDA

View Full Version : Robust tool rest

Chris Colman
09-19-2011, 7:29 PM
Would one of you good Creekers who has a Robust tool rest measure the shaft diameter for me?

I want to order one for my Grizzly, but my shaft and banjo are slightly less than 1" diameter.

The shaft on my Grizzly tool rest measures about .980 in. diameter. The hole in the banjo is VERY close to the same - no slop there.

Robust shows their shaft diameter as one inch. I would hate to order one and have it not fit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Harry Robinette
09-19-2011, 7:48 PM
Chris
just went to the shop and hit mine with the mic..999 and .9985 I would tell them what it's for and the size you mic it to and I'll bet they'll take care of you.

Fred Belknap
09-19-2011, 8:35 PM
Chris the Robust tool rest won't fit the Grizzly banjo as it comes. I took the banjo to the drill press and ran a 1" drill bit through it and now it works fine. The original tool rest from Grizzly will still work also. I took longer to set up the drill press than it did to drill it. I have done this on two Grizzly lathes. Hope this helps.

Chris Colman
09-19-2011, 8:56 PM
Chris the Robust tool rest won't fit the Grizzly banjo as it comes. I took the banjo to the drill press and ran a 1" drill bit through it and now it works fine. The original tool rest from Grizzly will still work also. I took longer to set up the drill press than it did to drill it. I have done this on two Grizzly lathes. Hope this helps.

Good idea. Now I just need to come up with a 1" drill bit.