PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have trouble with Grizzly's 'STOP' switch?

Glen Blanchard
09-19-2011, 1:26 PM
I have a Grizzly 15" planer (which I like quite a lot). The 'START' button is a simple button while the 'STOP' button must be turned (maybe 90 degrees?) before it can be disengaged (allowing the "START' button to be depressed). This button must be slightly stripped because more often than not it will turn 360 degrees without serving its function, this preventing me from starting the machine. As I turn it I can feel it try to grab, but it fails to do so quite often.

As the button can be un-threaded from the activator, I don't know if it is simply the button itself or if it's the activator portion of the switch that's stripped.

I'd love to hear from someone who has experienced this. Anyone?

Mike Archambeau
09-19-2011, 1:52 PM
Have the same problem with a Grizzly 8 inch jointer. I have not taken the time to ask Grizzly for a fix, but it does irritate as well as cuase some dissatisfaction with the quality of the machine.

jonathan eagle
09-19-2011, 2:06 PM
My Hammer N4400 bandsaw does the same thing. I thought it was a safety feature?

Glen Blanchard
09-19-2011, 2:11 PM
The fact that it must be rotated in order to disengage it is a safety feature. The fact that it is not functioning as it should, is not. :)

Alan Marchbanks
09-19-2011, 2:18 PM
I had a similar problem with my new Grizzly 15" planer. Just called Grizzly and they sent a new switch right away, no charge.

Glen Blanchard
09-19-2011, 2:31 PM
I had a similar problem with my new Grizzly 15" planer. Just called Grizzly and they sent a new switch right away, no charge.

Alan - Has the problem ever returned? How long ago was that?

Rick Moyer
09-19-2011, 9:12 PM
Have the same problem with a Grizzly 8 inch jointer. I have not taken the time to ask Grizzly for a fix, but it does irritate as well as cuase some dissatisfaction with the quality of the machine.
Me too. Didn't ask about warrabty as I'd had it probably too long. I replaced the switch. I think it was around $50 though :(.

Mike Goetzke
09-19-2011, 11:23 PM
I had a similar problem with my new Grizzly 15" planer. Just called Grizzly and they sent a new switch right away, no charge.Same here! Took two times before I received the correct switch, but, all fixed and works fine now.