PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota air

Kathy Marshall
09-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Apparently there's some kind of magic in the air in Minnesota!
About a month ago, Doug Swanson and I arranged a wood swap. His in-laws that live in Phoenix, were driving up to MN for a visit so Doug and I arranged that I would send a couple of big boxes of wood with them, and Doug would fill them up and send them back on the return trip.
Well, somehow between MN and AZ they multiplied and what once was 2, was now 3 :eek: :D

Couldn't wait to get home and open them up!
Got a bunch of Boxelder, some Butternut, Birch, Walnut, Silver Maple, a Camphor Burl blank, a Big Leaf Maple Blank, Mulberry, Buckthorn, Elm, Cherry and Spalted Maple (hope I didn't leave anyone out). I'm thinking I got the better end of the deal!

Looks like I'm going to be very busy!
Thanks Doug!

charlie knighton
09-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Looks like I'm going to be very busy!
Thanks Doug!

more late nights Kathy, looking forward to seeing some stuff

David E Keller
09-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Looks like a pretty good haul! You're in for an aromatic experience with that camphor burl!

Bob Bergstrom
09-17-2011, 10:24 PM
You'll never sleep now. Turning till dawn. Posting all morn. LOL

Bernie Weishapl
09-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Congrats on some nice wood. Yep I can see some late nights.

Steve Schlumpf
09-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Congrats on all that beautiful wood! You'll have to let us know which of the woods you really like turning! Looking forward to seeing what you create out of it all!

Bill Bolen
09-18-2011, 2:20 AM
Congrats Kathy. It's pretty cool getting new and different woods to turn! It will be interesting to find out which are your favorites.

Josh Bowman
09-18-2011, 7:33 AM
Kathy, what a great treat. Can't wait to see them turned.

John Keeton
09-18-2011, 7:44 AM
Kathy, the danger here is that you will get hooked on one or more of these "foreign" species, and have to make constant buying trips to all parts of the country!! Fill up that truck with mesquite - there are a lot of creekers that would love to have you stop by for an exchange!!

Have fun with all of that stuff!

Greg Just
09-18-2011, 8:11 AM
Nice haul. Doug is very generous - we have exhanged many logs in the past.

Doug W Swanson
09-18-2011, 8:33 AM
Hi Kathy,
I'm glad you like the wood. I've got a bunch of wood so I thought that I would share it with a master. I can't wait to see what you turn out of it!