PDA

View Full Version : Ok, see how I did.

Kyle Brooks
09-17-2011, 5:40 PM
I bought a Powermatic PM 100 at an auction today for $525. The planer has the dust hood, extra set of blades, and came with a knife grinder that mounts to the top of the planer. It is 220v single phase. I will let you know that I live in Northeast Kansas and equipment like this does not come up for sale all that often that is not 150+ miles away. Other things that sold was a Grizzly 3hp, 3/4 inch spindal shaper for $4XX.00. A rockwell table saw not sure about price. They also had a 25 inch Woodmaster belt sander that sold for $800 I think. Lots of walnut, cedar, and sycamore rough cut lumber. Anyway, thanks for looking at my post and comments if you make any. I will post some pics when I get it home tomorrow afternoon.

Greg Urwiller
09-17-2011, 9:48 PM
That was the one by Bremen right? I almost went to that one to watch the shaper sell. But, it was a 3 hr drive from C. Nebraska for me. I was curious about the lumber too. Anyway, I was about ready to post to see if anyone here went to the sale and what the shaper brought. Greg

Kyle Brooks
09-18-2011, 12:29 AM
By the way, the C-man 12.5 inch planer is already off the stand and on the floor. He is sitting there waiting for big brother pm100 to come home......

Bill White
09-18-2011, 12:49 PM
THe PM will spoil ya to ANYTHING from Craftsman branded stuff. Although I have two old C'man tools ( '52 drill press and an early 60s bench grinder) that are super, I don't even look at anything from Sears today. It is a shame that a once worthy brand has been trashed. Same for Black and Cracker.
Bill