PDA

View Full Version : weekend jobs completed!

Bob Oswin
04-20-2003, 7:44 PM
I managed to make 3 tools for my shop this weekend having finally found time to get the metal I needed.

1, A short tool rest that I always wanted but never seem to have
2. An "S" curve rest for taking the chatter out of refining bowls.

3. A decent length spindle rest that I should have used when I made the walking sticks.

Only one more for next week - Scraper rest from 5 /16" cold rolled.

Bob

http://www3.telus.net/public/ident/bobs%20woodstuff/toolrest2.jpg

Steve Clardy
04-20-2003, 8:36 PM
something done. I got about zilch done. Rained, couldn't mow. Rained, couldn't burn brush, did not get all of my new saw fence done. Did get the mower running though---------:D

Jim Becker
04-20-2003, 11:00 PM
It was a weekend for "finishing" things that have been lying around. In particular, I got the Cherry and Walnut frame shown below waxed and hung. The 6" x 6" hand-finished tiles were purchased in Sedona AZ last year and have been waiting for a "home" for far too long. The rest of the weekend was blown on shopping for the "right" tile for the backsplashes for our upcoming kitchen renovation and priming what was originally my grandmother's metal patio furniture to make ready for fresh new paint.

Bob Oswin
04-20-2003, 11:06 PM
I like it Jim,
I wonder if you put the last ( right) frame in the middle if it would balance a bit better?
I am not sure just asking.

bob

Jim Becker
04-20-2003, 11:11 PM
I tried it a number of ways, but the one in the middle had so much "white space" compared to the other two that it looked funny in any other position. SWMBO liked it best that way, too...:D

They are only glued to the backer with silicone adhesive, so I could move them at a later date, if necessary.