PDA

View Full Version : You can never have too many.....

Mike Tempel
02-24-2005, 3:36 PM
CLAMPS!:D Thank goodness I was able to get on most of the big sales a while back. These are a few of my goodies and I must say I am most thankful that I have as many as I do. Didn't have to use all of them but a good portion nonetheless:cool: .

Jeff Sudmeier
02-24-2005, 4:27 PM
Wow and clamps you do have! I have run into a situation more than once where I am only able to do so much a night, because I only have so many clamps :)

Frank Pellow
02-24-2005, 4:46 PM
They are certainly being put to good use. Just how many clamps do you have Mike?

Sean Hughes
02-24-2005, 5:05 PM
That's just not fair. Nice collection!!

Jerry Olexa
02-24-2005, 5:07 PM
What hours is your store open? :D Nice asst of clamps.

joseph j shields
02-24-2005, 5:08 PM
Hey Mike,

I think you could use a few more clamps :rolleyes:

Any how.... I noticed you have both the besseys & jorgies....

Same here....

I was buying bessys before jorgie came out with their cabinet master....

Now I only buy the jorgies (us made) ....bessy(germany)

which do you like best????

-jj

Jim Becker
02-24-2005, 6:05 PM
My, my...all three flavors, too! And yes, it truly is correct that you can never have too many of those suckers...

Mike Tempel
02-24-2005, 6:42 PM
Well, let's see if I can answer everyone at once. If I miss someone I apologize in advance.

Counting strictly the parallel jaw type I have about 36 I think - all sizes and types from 24" Besseys to 50" Besseys. I have Gross Stabil, Bessey, and Jorgensons mixed in that size range and in between as well. Personally, I have come to like the Jorgies the best - seem much easier to release the locks than the others which at times can hang up. Not a big problem by any means but just a consideration. As far as clamping ability they are all pretty much equal in my mind. In all, counting all my clamps from the quick grip type to C clamps to spring clamps, wood screw clamps, parallel jaws, and an assortment of edge banding and corner/miter clamps I would have to say that I have more than 100 - maybe more maybe less but I would say that 100 would be pretty close.
In the pictures I am making nightstands for my daughter and have used about 27 parallel jaw type clamps. I have more standing behind them and hanging on the walls (maybe not in the pics but they are there).
Thanks for taking the time to look and Hey, if you know of any sales on clamps coming up soon give me a holler - I might need some more!!

Colin Gilkes
02-24-2005, 7:45 PM
So.......

A cleptomaniac is known to 'acquire' anything
that isn't nailed down

You must be a clampomaniac:D

John Scarpa
02-25-2005, 12:16 AM
So.......

A cleptomaniac is known to 'acquire' anything
that isn't nailed down

You must be a clampomaniac:D
Now that's one I've got to remember! :D

Mike Tempel
02-25-2005, 8:42 AM
By George you might be on to something - maybe I am a clampomaniac.