PDA

View Full Version : New PC7518

Greg Urwiller
09-15-2011, 5:39 PM
Just got a PC 7518 delivered today. I bought a Jessum Mast-R-Lift some time ago to build a router table with and finally ordered the PC to go in it. Wow, that thing's kind of monster! Anyway, since this should spend it's life in the table mode, is there any reason to keep the base? Or, more importantly, is there anyone who needs a base to fit a motor? I do have 3 other routers, so I doubt I'd really use it out of the table. Greg

Ray Newman
09-15-2011, 5:43 PM
Speaking from personal experience with other tool parts that I thought I would not use, keep the base -- 'ya nevva' know when you might need it.

Jerome Stanek
09-15-2011, 5:52 PM
keep the base like you say it is a monster and if you ever need a monster to route by hand you will have it.

Larry Edgerton
09-15-2011, 6:48 PM
Save it. I use those routers freehand all of the time. I disagree with anyone that says they are too much to handle. They have handles that are solid, in the right place, the base is wide, and contrary to popular thought, with a router weight is your friend. I have some large bits that I use freehand in circular work, up to 5" in diameter, and I would not use any other router for that job.

Great tool, congrats......

Larry

Carroll Courtney
09-15-2011, 8:04 PM
Afew yrs from now you may want to sell the router and it would be easier w/the base.---Carroll