PDA

View Full Version : The world mourns- R. Moss moves on!!

Jerry Olexa
02-24-2005, 11:15 AM
:D Gee what a surprise! Minn traded away their beloved receiver, Randy Moss and of all places, to the Oakland Raiders where he will fit right in. A paragon of virtue and character, he will be sorely missed in Minnesota! Donations may be sent, in his honor, to "Character,FIRST". He always was a honorable and classy example to our children. We all certainly wish him well in his new location.:D

Jeff Sudmeier
02-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Aww that's really too bad! He should fit right in though! :) The only problem is, maybe the vikes will actually get it together this year if they don't have him to deal with.

Ted Shrader
02-24-2005, 12:24 PM
He definitely fits the Raider profile.

Ted

Michael Perata
02-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Jerry

Thanks for the thought. I live in the Bay Area. I am not a Raiders fan. I have to drive behind all sorts of SUVs and raised Pickups with Raider logos. I have to suffer the Sunday madness of a Raider game.

And now, we get Moss.

Thanks a lot.

Chris Padilla
02-24-2005, 1:05 PM
Should be interesting having Moss around the BA! As a diehard Broncos' fan, I grew up loathing the Raiders...that will never change...NEVER! :D

Michael Stafford
02-24-2005, 1:10 PM
I'm sorry I care not one bit about what happens in professional sports anymore. These people are totally irrelevant in any way. They have ruined what used to be something you could enjoy with the family. Now it is not much more/or less than an exhibition of thuggery. A waste of TV electrons and newsprint and ink...

Jerry Olexa
02-24-2005, 1:15 PM
Should be interesting having Moss around the BA! As a diehard Broncos' fan, I grew up loathing the Raiders...that will never change...NEVER! :D
I too greatly dislike the Raiders!!:D

Karl Laustrup
02-24-2005, 4:01 PM
Isn't there some NFL teams in Europe?:confused: Now that would be a trade, at least for us here.

We can only hope that the Raiders play the Pack at Lambert, er LAMBEAU this season. :D Think all will be forgiven?

Jon Olson
02-24-2005, 4:11 PM
We welcome him to the bay area. It will be the first time you will not have to see him play and act out....

RAIDERS DON'T GET TV TIME HERE!!!!

but if helps them win, I'm all for it. (he helpped my fantacy team do very well last year. :)

Jon

Mike Tempel
02-24-2005, 6:51 PM
I like the NFL Europe idea. What a better place for him than off this continent!!! He has done nothing but drag down what could be a good reputation of a great football player. Now I only care to see him fail and get his just desserts. No offense Raider Fans but I hope you get your money's worth out of him and I hope the Purple People Eaters have a decent season without him. Too much talent out there to have some egotistical showboat take the spotlight for his misdeeds when others sit in his shadow because of his marketability (is that a word??).

Enough rambling - send the guy to Europe and let's be done with him. Just another pro thug in my book.

Jerry Olexa
02-24-2005, 7:12 PM
I like the NFL Europe idea. What a better place for him than off this continent!!! He has done nothing but drag down what could be a good reputation of a great football player. Now I only care to see him fail and get his just desserts. No offense Raider Fans but I hope you get your money's worth out of him and I hope the Purple People Eaters have a decent season without him. Too much talent out there to have some egotistical showboat take the spotlight for his misdeeds when others sit in his shadow because of his marketability (is that a word??).

Enough rambling - send the guy to Europe and let's be done with him. Just another pro thug in my book.
Mike, Very well said!! My emotions tend to take over when we talk about this guy and many other spoiled, pampered "athletes". This is what is ruining professional sports. There is no dignity or character left! Its all about winning and $$. Very few role models left for our kids. Again, you said it well. Europe would be fine!

Christopher Pine
02-24-2005, 9:27 PM

Thats because the organization is about as close to lack of character as you can get! From the owner on down!

Randy Meijer
02-24-2005, 9:53 PM
Too bad he is not a hockey player!!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Too bad he is not a hockey player!!
Randy, You said it best! We can only wish.. :)

John Miliunas
02-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Mike, Very well said!! My emotions tend to take over when we talk about this guy and many other spoiled, pampered "athletes". This is what is ruining professional sports. There is no dignity or character left! Its all about winning and $$. Very few role models left for our kids. Again, you said it well. Europe would be fine!
Jerry, I agree about the ruination of pro sports through thugs like Moss, but I'm not sure I agree about the very few role models left. I think it's a lot like teenagers. Many people see teens as being rowdy, impolite and spoiled brats, with very few good kids left over. I don't think that's the case. It's just that the bad apples are the ones who get all the hype and attention. And why not? The media found out a long, long time ago that "dirt" sells, while "clean" is boring, at best. They hardly know how to put an interesting spin on do-gooders and those who truly are good role models. Why? Because people want the "dirt"! Strange society, if you ask me.:cool:

Mike Tempel
02-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Jerry, I agree about the ruination of pro sports through thugs like Moss, but I'm not sure I agree about the very few role models left. I think it's a lot like teenagers. Many people see teens as being rowdy, impolite and spoiled brats, with very few good kids left over. I don't think that's the case. It's just that the bad apples are the ones who get all the hype and attention. And why not? The media found out a long, long time ago that "dirt" sells, while "clean" is boring, at best. They hardly know how to put an interesting spin on do-gooders and those who truly are good role models. Why? Because people want the "dirt"! Strange society, if you ask me.:cool:
I agree somewhat with what John has to say. We all see it everyday in the media - ever notice the evening news ENDS on a feel good story of some sort - why not do a feature on it like when someone's house burns to the ground? Anyway, it is very hard for kids that have to find role models - especially if they have to look outside their own homes to do so. Who in pro sports would you pick? Farve (former pain killer addict)? Kobe (accused rapist/admitted adultery)? Conseco (admitted 'roids abuser/accuser)? I know they are not all bad but I was just picking on the ones in the media that we are so over exposed to. There are many others that are quite good and decent people so don't get me wrong. Kids need to look at home for their role models - should be their parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, or someone close to them hopefully. Maybe even a teacher - I know I had plenty I respected (and some I wouldn't throw used cat litter on if they were ablaze).
Anyway, enough of that - just send Moss to Siberia to play on their frozen tundra and be done with it.

Chris Padilla
02-25-2005, 11:05 AM
I know they are not all bad but I was just picking on the ones in the media that we are so over exposed to. There are many others that are quite good and decent people....
I think you nailed it here...the media focuses on the RM's and so we get to see and hear every little stunt they pull. The RM's like it, the media likes it, and apparently we must like it. The 'feel gooders' just aren't interesting enough....

Jerry Olexa
02-25-2005, 11:34 AM
John. Mike and Chris: All good points and I agree w most . I just think its sad and a reflection of what our society (and sports)has become! The people ,as a whole, like to hear the dramatic "in your face" rebellious news. The other news is to the masses "boring". Look what the NBA's become! The kids still see whats being exposed the most in the media and that's the R Moss's of the world. I agree, ideally, the home and the teachers are the best influencers but how much time is there to do that properly (both parents usually work, divorces, etc). It continues to change rapidly: Paris Hilton 10 years would have quietly disappeared (after her "exposure")as well as Marv Albert but today they both are "heroes" and out there prominently. Wow, Jerry, enough ranting...Anyhow, Goodbye Randy... You'll fit right in !:)

Jeff Sudmeier
02-25-2005, 1:17 PM
I think that the NFL is one of the organizations that does try to show the good side of the athletes too. Sure the media seems to only pick up the bad side, but that is what the worlds wants! Looks that the success of COPS... (I admit, I like to watch too).

I digress...

It is nice to see the NFL show the good side of their players as well. When they are out there helping the united way. The player that quit the NFL to go to war. Finally, the players that work with youth football. Those players are great role models, it's just too bad they don't get MORE air time! ;)

James Carmichael
02-25-2005, 1:58 PM

A lifelong Cowboys fan (aka masochist for the past 10 years :eek: ), the Raiders are second on my list of most-despised Bay area NFL teams:-)

Raiders or Ravens either one, he should fit like a glove. I'm sure Al Davis has designs on Terrell Owens as well.

Did I mention Randy Moss is second on my list of most-despised wideouts? Right behind Terrell "Star Dancer" Owens :mad:

Ron Jones near Indy
02-25-2005, 8:25 PM
I just thankful that he didn't come to Indy. :D

Bob Yarbrough
02-27-2005, 6:48 PM
I think the vikes would have been better off trading him to the MAPLE LEAFS!!! Show the man a real sport. :D :D